Just something I want to know before I buy a new amp - How often will I have to replace tubes, which brand should I get, and how expensive will it be?
The amp I'm looking at runs 4 6L6's and 6 12AX7's.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
There's no set time, but your power tubes will probably last 2 or 3 years, and preamp tubes often last longer than that, though you might want to replace a few of them earlier for better tone.
It's also possible for a power tube to blow after six months, in which case you'll need a new set of power tubes. It's just luck.

It will cost about $120 for a full retube, but again you probably won't be replacing all the tubes at once unless you really want to.
Depends on how much you play. I have to replace mine about every year and a half to two years. The 6L6's I've got now cost $60.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
it will be about 120.... and get winged c power tubes. WIN
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
How are the Electro-Harmonix tubes?
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
pretty good. i still rec winged c
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION