Is there any sort of pedal or amp that would give me an 8-Bit Nintendo sort of sound? Just a question.
[[[The Game]]]
Quote by VictorVella

This thread proves Gigatiran is awesome, and a lot more awesome than your average awesome. I bet he even owns a duster like Dennis Reynolds.
I was just talking to someone who though it'd be cool to start a nintendo metal band, something like HORSE the band. Does anyone know if any pedals preferably that could do this?

EDIT: Devi Ever Bit: Legend Of Fuzz, checking this out right now.
[[[The Game]]]
Quote by VictorVella

This thread proves Gigatiran is awesome, and a lot more awesome than your average awesome. I bet he even owns a duster like Dennis Reynolds.
maybe the robot by Death By Audio?
Well, Jesus Christ, I'm not scared to die,

I'm a little bit scared of what comes after

Do I get the gold chariot?

Do I float through the ceiling?

(tis a link btw)

The MI Audio Octave generator. It gets as close to 8-bit sounds as Ive heard (without resorting to Gameboy sound cards ). Theres a great demo of it on Youtube if youre interested.

After looking at all of these, none of these really do what I'm looking for.

Is there anything that'll help me sound like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uGX_UAjAxA

I'm pretty sure those are keyboards or some sort of synth, but that's kind of the sound I''m aiming for.
[[[The Game]]]
Quote by VictorVella

Just install a game boy sound card into your guitar...
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
What the hell, am i missing some sort of meme? Theres literally one of these threads every month
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by Gigatiran
After looking at all of these, none of these really do what I'm looking for.

Is there anything that'll help me sound like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uGX_UAjAxA

I'm pretty sure those are keyboards or some sort of synth, but that's kind of the sound I''m aiming for.

There has only been 1 pedal that I've seen and heard of a demo of that gets really close to this. its not like most of these 8 bit fuzz pedals in terms of sound. It looked just like an old nintendo controller, but I cant find the website anywhere anymore.

I guess you could just mess around with some 8 bit fuzzes and make a combination of effects to achieve the sound. Maybe use a Harmonizer or pitch shifter in combination with the 8 bit fuzzes like the Legend Of Fuzz. Or maybe even try a Digitech Whammy pedal with the Legen of Fuzz on top of it. That should be really interesting and original. I was also pretty impresssed by the EHX HOG. This pedal seemed like the top of its class. I think Pigtronix makes something like what you're looking for as well and their stuff is always great.

On a whole different note...you could get a midi pickup system for your guitar and good a midi effects processor. Not Midi as in the type that simply controls pedals and settings, but the kind that can cover up guitar sounds with like a piano or something. check out this video. the first part is harmonica I think and about 30 seconds into it it sounds just like a piano. watch the whole thing, it'll deffinitely be a good place to start. seems very versatile.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTjoy_CQn1g
-----------------------------------------------------------

Dr. Z Stangray
G&L ASAT Classic (Ron Kirn Custom T-Style coming soon! ronkirn.com)
Keeley 4 Knob Compressor
Taylor 314ce
An actual nintendo?
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Quote by Brendan.Clace
Just install a game boy sound card into your guitar...

Ahhh what an epic thread

TS: Why don't you just start playing keyboard? It will get you closer to an 8-bit sound than any effects will