I'm looking for software/hardware where you can just plug your guitar straight into your PC and use some kind of software to mimic an amp and have the sound come out of your PC speakers. Does something like that exist?
there's a lot of programs like this. you'd be better off asking in the recordings and riffs forum, but my suggestion is ReValver MKIII.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
basically any amp modeling software. or vst's that model amps. you need a vst host for vst's though, something like garage band or fl studio
Using computer speakers as a PA gives you great gain and it makes you sound like Synyster Gates!

/lame meme

Revalver pwns, try that.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by Alex Vik
Peavey Revalver sounds awesome. Not sure what kind of hardware would be the best, I use a 1/4 - 1/8 adapter, but there's a bit of delay.

running asio4all fixes that.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
oh thank god, i thought it was going to be like that other computer speaker thread we had a while back with the speakers hooked up to his frontman or whatever it was.

I have guitar rig 3 ( legally I promise) but I haven't really used it due to a lack of decent audio interface, but it works with reaper as a vst.
I've got to say though, unless you have nothing other than your pc speakers I wouldn't bother with it. Normal computer speakers are horrible at distorting your guitar sound no matter what software you have
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.