Hey guys, I recently got a mic, and some recording software that let me put a little reverb on vocal tracks. I just wanted to see what you guys thought of my singing voice, and see if you could suggest any improvements.

I kind of just made up a 1 minute beginning of a song, with some harmonies and a few overdubs.

Anyway, please tell me how I sound (honesty is good), and how the record quality is.

Thanks in advance, the MP3 is the only one on my profile. Its very short, so its perfect for those of you with a short attention span.
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
It's good, keep doin' what you're doin'
Gear
Jekyll and Hyde
DD3 Delay
NS2 Noise gate
FAB chorus
Crybaby 535Q
HT-5 stack
1979 Gretsch BST 1000
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Schecter Gryphon
Fender American Strat
Taylor T5 Custom
www.facebook.com/fadeoutproductions
Thanks! Its been hard to get a critique. Easier to show your stuff to strangers I guess.

The recording quality is okay?
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
The recording quality is good. Good job
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
It sounds good, once the lyrics start the vocal harmonies are a bit off, it's most obvious at the very end where each of the voices is "searching" for the right note.

Otherwise it's a nice sound, the intro is great. Have you just added a bit of reverb and that's all?
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Quote by AlanHB
It sounds good, once the lyrics start the vocal harmonies are a bit off, it's most obvious at the very end where each of the voices is "searching" for the right note.

Otherwise it's a nice sound, the intro is great. Have you just added a bit of reverb and that's all?

Yeah, I am not good at harmony structure at all, so that doesn't surprise me.

Yes, each vocal track has a little reverb. The only other effect is on the overdub during the verse. There is a little delay on the background vocal.
Quote by rmr024

Jeremy spoke in... class, today.

You have a nice voice and great recording quality. I can honestly say I have no suggestions to make yourself better, just keep going! Good stuff
Quote by Superstrat101
Jeremy spoke in... class, today.

You have a nice voice and great recording quality. I can honestly say I have no suggestions to make yourself better, just keep going! Good stuff

Hey thanks dude, and +1 for the Pearl Jam reference!

Jeremy is the first song I learned to play, haha!
Quote by rmr024