Alright i got my volume pedal (VV10) and plugged it in the front of the amp, and the back of the amp (effects loop). Now here's wat happened.

FX Loop Acts just as the VV10 should volume swells evenly on all channels and the clean boost is VERY noticable.

Front: On clean settings the volume swells evenly but doesn't go as loud as it did in the fx loop, tone buffer improves tone.
On the distorted channel however the volume jumps and doesn't swell (unless i turn the guitar down a little bit) and it allows me to get rid of my compression completly and cleans up my sound and tone improves by like A BILLION PERCENT(might be over-exaggerating here).

Now i've been mucking around with this for a little while (still going), but i can't figure out why the volume pedal doesn't work as well as it should at the front when the distortion is on. Could there be some kind of input limiter? I'm thinking that maybe the volume is just plain old too high at even the lowest volume. I'd leave it in the back if it didn't improve my tone as much as it did. An expensive fix would be another one have 2 volume pedals running , but obviously i wouldn't want that.

Thank you for anyones input and suggestions.

Toodles Julz!
- Ibanez S470 (2004)
- late 70's vintage Fender Stratocaster (USA)
- VOX VT100 Amp
- Digitech Whammy Pedal
- Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
- Visual Sound Volume Pedal
- MXR Micro Amp
Let me explain how distortion works, distortion first amplifies the signal a lot, like say a hunderd times, and it then cuts of everything above a certain hieight, so that the sound waves lose their tops and get a "Distorted" sound. Now if for example your input signal would be 10, would then be amplified 100 times, and then cut off above 10, you'd only have 10 left, if your input signal due to the volume thing you have is only 1, and is then amplified a 100 times, then cut off above 10, you still will have 10 left.
Guitasr:
Cort KX-Custom
ESP LTD M-200FM
Amp:
Engl Powerball
Misc:
Focusrite Scarlet 2i4
ah it really does all make sense now. But now that leaves me with the problem of having to choose between a very clean compression and turn down the guitar for volume swells or maximum swell with no compression qualities. :'(

If only there was something that did both. i think i might just chuck a boost pedal at the front and have it clip it off.
- Ibanez S470 (2004)
- late 70's vintage Fender Stratocaster (USA)
- VOX VT100 Amp
- Digitech Whammy Pedal
- Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
- Visual Sound Volume Pedal
- MXR Micro Amp