So tomorrow im going to my loca shop to buy new pots for my squier mini .

im gonna put 500 K pots ... im gonna fit a humbucker ( seymour duncan invader = very high output )

now on the Tone pots .. theres a cap ?

my question is what kind of cap should i buy ? i dont know how it work but i think its in the form of .33 ..etc ..

any help would be appreciate . the one i have right now on my mini pots is a red cap . but im switching my mini pots to full sized 500k pots .

http://www.snotboards.com/POTS1.jpg

thank you .

for info the squier mini is a 1 volume 1tone , 5 way switches configuration.
Bedroom rock star :

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
Last edited by Skysc at Oct 8, 2009,
The higher rating cap, the more treble will roll off as you turn down your volume. Single coils usually use .47uf as they are brighter so you can roll off more. Humbuckers usually use .22uf as they aren't as bright so you don't need to roll off too much. You van use anything really, experiment see what you like.

Also if your putting an invader in the bridge, if you can find one, I suggest to get a 1M pot as it will really let the higher output pickup shine.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Quote by JoePerry4life
The higher rating cap, the more treble will roll off as you turn down your volume. Single coils usually use .47uf as they are brighter so you can roll off more. Humbuckers usually use .22uf as they aren't as bright so you don't need to roll off too much. You van use anything really, experiment see what you like.

Also if your putting an invader in the bridge, if you can find one, I suggest to get a 1M pot as it will really let the higher output pickup shine.

ok thx .. ill try to find that .

so i need both at 1m or only the tone ????
Bedroom rock star :

- Agile 3200 Slim
The 1M pot would be volume pot. It dosen't actually matter what value the tone pot is because it runs paralell to the circuit.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
k thx
Bedroom rock star :

- Agile 3200 Slim
Eek, be careful with 1M volume pots. They get real icepicky, real fast. I'd start with 500, especially in a strat, and then decide if you want more.