hey so ive been playing a year and five months or so. heres a video a couplle of times i really messed up and sorry about the demonic face haha i was looking at the camera to make sure it wouldnt stop also wear headphones if you can but beware the sound turns up at times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUQMZakPywk
Are you trying to seduce us here? I mean I didn't watch the whole thing but I skipped around and the whole time...staring us down
Gear
Ibanez GSA60
Jackson DXMGT
Schecter Hellraiser Tempest
Ibanez S470 DXQM
ESP LTD Deluxe EC-1000
Crate Halfstack and Crate 50W Tube Head
Boss MT-2, CH-1, CS-3, NS-2, & Cry Baby
Crate XT65R
Quote by vortex1324
keep at it dude. sounds good so far. what do you mostly play?

Sounds good? Do you have a set of ears?

TS: That was absolutely awful. You're trying to play faster than you can, which is making it sloppy. The tapping was sloppy. Your phrasing was basically scalar sounding.

You really need to turn the gain down, practice getting your notes to sound properly. You need to work on timing and dynamics and DO NOT speed up until you can play perfectly at a good speed.

Your muting is poor also, there's lots of extra string noise.

As a positive i'd say your gallopping isn't too bad.
In my opinion the video didn't show your playing skill. You were just messing around
Quote by razorback91
Im sorry, I just don't see how you could argue that hardcore isn't metal. That just seems arrogant to me.

Yes, its its own kind of metal, but its still metal.
Last edited by 08L1V10N at Oct 8, 2009,
Buy a metronome for the love of god >.< !!!!!!

You have developed fretting movement but In this video I feel like your technical abilities are not up to par. BUT KEEP AT IT.
<3<3<3MILKSHAKE<3<3<3
thanks for the comments. haha yeah calibunga i love how you could tell i dont use a metronome when i practice. to ikonoklast thanks for that critique i love how your things that are bad are everything im kinda going for with the schecter, the active pickups, and the attempted shred stuff i want to learn. another thing, im asking if for my year and 5 months of playing im progressing accordingly or if im shockingly behind in progress, not if in that time i have perfect technique. i OBVIOUSLY have terrible technique compared to people playing for 4 5 or 6 years. for a begginer
Last edited by powerwhee at Oct 8, 2009,
Timeframe is irrelevant with the guitar...things take as long as they take, what other people may or may not have done doesn't concern you.

Likewise if you're crap you're crap...doesn't matter how long you've been playing.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Protip- threads like these serve no genuine purpose other than to hope people compliment you. However, people around here don't see things that way and will likely just do the opposite...which you clearly rejected and insisted that you ARE doing well for how long you've been playing. So it seems you already know how you feel about your progress, nothing anyone else says will change anything. Good day.
That was honestly kinda painful to listen to, you'd of been much better to play one 1/4th of the speed and try to keep a half decent tone atleast.

You seem to have no concept of TONE of your playing, which you defiantly should have after a year.

And for **** sakes bend in tune.
Guitar FTW
ugh.
Stromberg Montreux
Schecter Hellraiser 7 String
Mesa Boogie "Son of Boogie" 100W Head
Mesa Boogie 112 Cab with a Celestion Vintage 30
Electro Harmonix Small Clone
Death By Audio Fuzz War

Quote by powerwhee
thanks for the comments. haha yeah calibunga i love how you could tell i dont use a metronome when i practice. to ikonoklast thanks for that critique i love how your things that are bad are everything im kinda going for with the schecter, the active pickups, and the attempted shred stuff i want to learn. another thing, im asking if for my year and 5 months of playing im progressing accordingly or if im shockingly behind in progress, not if in that time i have perfect technique. i OBVIOUSLY have terrible technique compared to people playing for 4 5 or 6 years. for a begginer

1) I never mentioned your rig tone.

2) If the timeframe you've been playing was relevant to your question then no - you're not doing well for any timeframe. Whether you've been playing 6 years or 6 months, you can't play fast properly. You're trying to, which is why it's not good. If you played at your real fastest speed it'd probably be good. I wasn't talking about perfect technique, but to be able to play notes properly is a fundamental difference between playing the guitar and making noise on it. Sort out your muting and slow down.

You say your technique is bad compared to people of x time. The time shouldn't matter. You're sloppy now, and if you don't start playing with good technique you'll never play clean. It doesn't just come with time, you have to practice it.
Damn dude removed his video, probably for the best i guess. I wanted to watch it again to confirm my thoughts about his vibrato also being **** or non existant.

Can't really comment on where you should be after a year and 5 months, but yeah that sounded like crap.
Guitar FTW
Quote by blayze101
Damn dude removed his video, probably for the best i guess. I wanted to watch it again to confirm my thoughts about his vibrato also being **** or non existant.

Can't really comment on where you should be after a year and 5 months, but yeah that sounded like crap.

But like the other guy ^ said, he's basically asked for opinions then rubbished them. So good luck to him. Or maybe he realised his technique was shíte and has taken it down and fúcked off down the woodshed
Just play a song that expresses you. Doesn't have to be fast, because someone who is good at guitar can make a slow song sound better than a beginner
Quote by razorback91
Im sorry, I just don't see how you could argue that hardcore isn't metal. That just seems arrogant to me.

Yes, its its own kind of metal, but its still metal.
Just fyi, Paul Gilbert didn't start playing fast until he'd been playing for 8 years.