My fellow guitarists!

I have recent entered the world of pc guitar playing. I have a new sound card and preamp and have been messing around with guitar rig. Its all very exciting.

My problem is thus. I want to record my guiatr via Ableton as a have made a few tunes that need a lick or two of guitar. Can anyone help as to how I do this using the effects I've created in guitar rig?

If ot ableton can anyone suggest the best way of recording via guiatr rig, preferably with a drum loop?

Cheers twangers
Guitar Rig works as a VST, so your best bet is to open up Ableton, and scan for VSTs in the folder Guitar Rig is in. Once it's done that, click on it within the VST tab and it should be added to the chain like any other effect. Click the arm track button on that track and fire away.

For "live sounding" drums however, Ableton is quite weak, with no variation and very regimented quantification. This is hardly surprising given Ableton's main purpose as an electronic music tool. You could try using EZ Drummer or a similar VST, but it will add latency.
Fender MIM Telecaster (w/SD Little '59)
Boss DS-1
Electro-Harmonix Little Big Muff
Digitech EX-7
Marshall Echohead
Fender Pro Junior
Quote by DrFuzz
Guitar Rig works as a VST, so your best bet is to open up Ableton, and scan for VSTs in the folder Guitar Rig is in. Once it's done that, click on it within the VST tab and it should be added to the chain like any other effect. Click the arm track button on that track and fire away.

For "live sounding" drums however, Ableton is quite weak, with no variation and very regimented quantification. This is hardly surprising given Ableton's main purpose as an electronic music tool. You could try using EZ Drummer or a similar VST, but it will add latency.

Cheers mate! I'll give it a go. I've got some crappy crappy drum on this tune already but I'll have a look at other options too.

Tahnks again