im not getting one yet but i need a new head and engls and mesas and peaveys are so expensive here in australia i was thinking mabey a bugera 6262 but ive herd they have reliability problems, would i be best doing this or buying from usa and getting it shipped over, or is there better amps here in australia for less than $2000
plese help =]
big problem here atm is that all our stock was bought when the ausy dollar was at 58 cents. For 2000AU you could easily buy a second hand mesa boogie dual rectifier
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
As a fellow aussie i know how you feel

Definitely try the Bugeras; I've heard that they've fixed their reliability issues with the more recently made amps.

Our used market is balls, but there's one or two ok deals around here sometimes. Lurk ebay and gumtree and possibly the newspapers.
Fender Highway 1 Strat
Agile Septor Pro 725

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Axe-Fx Ultra

Trust me, I'm a medical student
Australia sucks for amps - you guys pretty much get screwed over

I use to think it was bad here in the US because we get screwed on British amps (Marshall, Orange, etc) but you guys don't get anything for a decent price!

Can't really help you out, TS, because I'm not familiar with amp availability and pricing where you are, but free bumpzorz for your thread
You can have my Engl screamer 50 head for $1700. it is missing a cap for a channel changing button but i will give you a 4 button footswitch for that.

You won't get anything anywhere near as good as this for this price. PM me if your interested.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Australia sucks for amps - you guys pretty much get screwed over

I use to think it was bad here in the US because we get screwed on British amps (Marshall, Orange, etc) but you guys don't get anything for a decent price!

Can't really help you out, TS, because I'm not familiar with amp availability and pricing where you are, but free bumpzorz for your thread

Ashton stuff is made in Australia, we get that cheap... too bad it's all just cheap, plastic crap

TS - Getting an amp shipped from the US is very expensive. Pedals and stuff are okay, guitars and amps not so much. For 2000AUD, look into used JCM800s + boost, Bugeras, used Peaveys (6505, 5150), you should definitely look into used stuff. Bugera amps have become more reliable in recent times, provided you're not a total moron you should be okay with them. I got my Bugera head unused for $500 on eBay.
thanks man ive seen a few jcm200s on ebay pretty cheap and im going to try a few bugeras this week =]
The Bugeras are pretty good, I bought one but haven't played mine yet, I've played a few different ones and they sound amazing, as long as you can open it up and check the connections then you'll be right with them.

Which JCM2000s are they? The DSL or TSL series?
find some guys who could make you some amps?

i was watching this video in youtube about the Granger Lead Overdrive 100 head (aka delicious head) and one in the comments asked how much would it cost in Aus, and he said it will cost 2700 AUD. and its godly for metal
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me