Page 1 of 6
Don't make me sick into my own scorn
____

If ya don't give a sh!t ya getcha hellyeah
Throwin' fists in the pit ya getcha hellyeah
Think you're f~ckin' with this well hell no.
Balls, volume, strength getcha' come on!
That's almost as weird as the instrument they have at my local store... it's like a crystal ball... and it makes a sound like a geiger counter that gets louder with proximity... and if you're skilled, higher pitched with the amount of surface area of your hand you have close to it.
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
That is....really cool.

It's like the crossover between Guitar Hero and actual guitar. (kidding)

But this is really interesting. Seems like a lot of fun and super versatile. I hope to see these becoming more popular in the future.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Too weird. I don't like the tone either.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
You can load on other soundfonts, so tone isn't really a problem.

And if it's revolutionary, it's expensive, so I doubt I'll be getting one

Oh well that part is pretty cool but yeah price would be a pain, I would love to try one at a guitar store something though.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Requires a Mac Computer...

No ta.

EDIT: £4,000? lol riiight.
Last edited by Kyle.E at Oct 8, 2009,
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Well then that's extra cost onto the 4 grand pricetag.

Indeed, it just seems a bit impractical, and though I may seem ignorant saying this, but doesn't really look like it could give that raw, authentic feeling you get from a piano/guitar/cello, etc. A few years down the line, things may change... As for now, I'm not to keen on the concept.
Quote by Kyle.E
Indeed, it just seems a bit impractical, and though I may seem ignorant saying this, but doesn't really look like it could give that raw, authentic feeling you get from a piano/guitar/cello, etc. A few years down the line, things may change... As for now, I'm not to keen on the concept.

Part of their sales pitch is how expressive the instrument is but I agree, I think the sound is a too synthesised and inorganic to really catch on. That plus the £4k plus price tag...

Im sure Keith Emerson is on the waiting list for one though
Don't make me sick into my own scorn
____

If ya don't give a sh!t ya getcha hellyeah
Throwin' fists in the pit ya getcha hellyeah
Think you're f~ckin' with this well hell no.
Balls, volume, strength getcha' come on!
Looks like you have to blow air into that thing by the neck, which has weird frets.
Is it a flutar?
Quote by daniel192
Looks like you have to blow air into that thing by the neck, which has weird frets.
Is it a flutar?

When I saw it on YouTube, I don't think blowing into it is a necessecity, but controls something else like volume or something...

...how does this thing work, anyway?
Quote by hailtheleif
I really hate an idea of electronic instrument. Takes the soul out of the music

Hmm, looks interesting, but I don't think it will catch on. I like the 'breathing hole' idea tho-I don't think there's too many electronic woodwind-brass instruments
キタ━━━━(・∀・)━━━━!!
Quote by Ichikurosaki
shred knows more about everything than anyone i think

Quote by IchiKurosaki
i hope we never meet shjred honestly i love you but im scared of you
Quote by hailtheleif
I really hate an idea of electronic instrument. Takes the soul out of the music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mrmp2EaVChI

"Soul" doesn't come from the instrument, it comes from the person playing it.

The eigenharp can also recognise movement of the finger for vibrato and slides, horizontally and vetically, and apparently that equates to emotion in music these days, so saying it takes soul out of music is wrong. IT'S WROANG!

Hell, I want one now.

*decides to buy some lottery tickets*

EDIT:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukdfMkm1wjw&feature=related

YOU CAN DO LOOPS ON IT?!?

If you can play over that in realtime, that'd be awesome.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mrmp2EaVChI

The eigenharp can also recognise movement of the finger for vibrato and slides, horizontally and vetically, and apparently that equates to emotion in music these days, so saying it takes soul out of music is wrong. IT'S WROANG!

Hell, I want one now.

*decides to buy some lottery tickets*

I want one too .....btw all there is a cheaper smaller one called the pico

it obviosly is not as good because it is smaller and that is the end of it.........
Quote by denfilade

Are you really that retarded!?
I'm talking about electronic instruments like synthesizer etc.. where you can't play with emotion, every ****in note sounds the same.

Quote by Deliriumbassist

Yeah I understand that, but if you have a device where you just punch buttons and in GENERATES sound, you can't express your soul, all you get is bull****.
Quote by hailtheleif
I'm talking about electronic instruments like synthesizer etc.. where you can't play with emotion, every ****in note sounds the same.

Yeah I understand that, but if you have a device where you just punch buttons and in GENERATES sound, you can't express your soul, all you get is bull****.

Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Quote by hailtheleif

When you do the "correct" thing with your hands sound comes out.........creating that sound and making it be unique is where the soul is......not in what type of instrument it is
Quote by SMH07
It's awesome!

The performance from 1:06 fucking brilliant. Especially the bit towards the end..

That's the sound I want

I want it. NOW.
Quote by hailtheleif

You do realise that the sound coming out of an electric guitar is just as much "generated" as the sound coming from a synth? A synth can recognise and produce dynamics just like an electric guitar pickup can...

In other words, you do realise that playing with emotion is just as possible on a synth as it is on an electric guitar?
Quote by hailtheleif

Jesus Christ, everyone needs to get the hell over this playing with emotion bullsh*t.

EVERTYTHING IS PLAYED WITH EMOTION BEHIND IT. IT'S WHAT HUMANS DO, WE'RE EMOTIVE ANIMALS.

Just because you don't get it doesn't mean it isn't there.

There are plenty of dynamics in electronic music, if that's how you equate emotion to music.
Quote by ZeGuitarist
You do realise that the sound coming out of an electric guitar is just as much "generated" as the sound coming from a synth? A synth can recognise and produce dynamics just like an electric guitar pickup can...

In other words, you do realise that playing with emotion is just as possible on a synth as it is on an electric guitar?

The string vibrates, the pickups pick it up, you will hear every small detail you do with your fingers on guitar. On syn you just press a button and it makes a sound, thats it!
Quote by Deliriumbassist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukdfMkm1wjw&feature=related

YOU CAN DO LOOPS ON IT?!?

If you can play over that in realtime, that'd be awesome.

I'll take ten.

Quote by hailtheleif
The string vibrates, the pickups pick it up, you will hear every small detail you do with your fingers on guitar. On syn you just press a button and it makes a sound, thats it!

I'm not sure how to respond to that. I typed up three different possibilities, but deleted them. Lets just leave it at "you're dumb and a musical elitist".
Last edited by bendystraw at Oct 8, 2009,
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jesus Christ, everyone needs to get the hell over this playing with emotion bullsh*t.

EVERTYTHING IS PLAYED WITH EMOTION BEHIND IT. IT'S WHAT HUMANS DO, WE'RE EMOTIVE ANIMALS.

There are plenty of dynamics in electronic music, if that's how you equate emotion to music.

Yeh, bt their is moar emoshun from teh gitar man, u just luv faggy-synth-pop!!!eleven!

Quote by hailtheleif

Dis gui gets it!
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by hailtheleif

How does it work on a piano, then? You're basically telling me that it's not possible to play emotive music on a piano.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

What he said
Quote by hailtheleif

Many synths have weighted keys, which pick up how hard you press the key, and many others also have pitch wheels, allowing for bends. They can utilise a number of soundfonts at once... do I really need to go on, or have you realised what you're saying is a bit silly?
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Many synths have weighted keys, which pick up how hard you press the key, and many others also have pitch wheels, allowing for bends. They can utilise a number of soundfonts at once... do I really need to go on, or have you realised what you're saying is a bit silly?

The amount of ownage that delirium is dishing out is biblical!