Hello experts,

I've a looked-a-like fender stratocaster (another brand - accademy just like a fender stratocaster).

I've this guitar over 16 years and had no problems.

After playing the guitar, a week after without playing, I realize that the B and G string start buzzing. They buzz on open string, and buzz if played fretted over the first and second fret. Above those frets there's no issue.

My question, could this be the solved by adjusting the truss rod (make some relief)? I've never did that (neither had to), but now they start buzzing.

I have .008 guitar strings, and the bridge is a little bit higher, so I believe raising the bridge might not sove the issue.

Any ideas?

Thank's.
Quote by XianXiuHong
Sounds like the nut's worn or the neck needs a bit more relief.

Yup
putting more relief in the guitar will raise the strings a bit. raising the bridge could also solve the problem but may require an uncomfortable height. you want to loosen the truss rod to put more relief in it.
Quote by jordan8865
putting more relief in the guitar will raise the strings a bit. raising the bridge could also solve the problem but may require an uncomfortable height. you want to loosen the truss rod to put more relief in it.

I don't think raising the bridge will help so much here, changing the action is more of for halfway up the fretboard than towards the headstock.
click the green link in my sig.

in the first post it explains about neck relief.

measure the way is says, and post back, let me know if the string lays on the fret wire in the middle gap.

if it does, i'll talk you through a simple adjustment to help.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Umm does the fret buzz also occur when played through an amp or is almost just when you play acoustically.