Is this a legit MIM strat? How would i be able to tell if it is a MIM stratocaster besides the neck? Wouldent it be easy for someone to change the body and just use the neck? Is this a good deal?

http://cnj.craigslist.org/msg/1378309405.html

'67 Gibson SG Standard
MXR Phase 90 | Ibanez Tubescreamer TS9 | Vox V847A Wah-Wah
'65 Fender Bassman
Dang, its imposibble to tell from the picture, maybe if you have it at hand you might be able to tell bro.

Like, checking the bridge and stuff like that.

But its a superb deal.
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
I would say yes, it is. The headstock looks identical to the MIM strat I have.

However, it is relatively simple to change out a body. So really, it's going to be hard to tell.
My guitar modification blog.
Quote by MuffinMan
Jesus was all like "To those about to rock, I salute you." then he grabbed his mighty axe and rocked the Romans out really hard. Of course they were strict classical music so....
Last edited by Black Star at Oct 8, 2009,
What are some things i can look for on the body to make sure it is a MIM strat?

'67 Gibson SG Standard
'65 Fender Bassman
Serial No.

/threadzorz
My Gear
-ESP truckster
-Ibby RG 7 string
-Mesa/Boogie Studio Preamp (Mk2C+ mod)
-Mesa/Boogie 50-50 Stereo Poweramp
-Mesa/Boogie Vertical 2x12 (C90 and EVM)
Is there some database or spreadsheet where i can look up the number?

'67 Gibson SG Standard
'65 Fender Bassman
You can't go by the serial numbers anymore because counterfeiters have figured out they can just copy the numbers from other legit guitars. Most counterfeits I have seen and run the numbers they work with the serial number decoders a lot of guitars have the same numbers they usually just copy one or two numbers and that's it. Some times the numbers don't exactly match the year or the style/model of the guitar unless you know more about what was made when you will think it's legit. Strats are probably the easiest cheapest guitars to copy I have even seen fake Squiers!!! They are usually just cheap no name Strat copies with a Squier or Fender decal on the head stock. The water slide decals are very easy to get and apply.

The best bet would be to check it out and play it ask the seller if it would be OK to have your local shop or friend who is a Fender expert check it out. If he says no there might be something fishy or he might call your bluff. It really doesn't seem like it a deal that's too good to be true. I see MIMs all the time used pretty cheap.

John