LHC

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Large_Hadron_Collider

i went to a servo with a mate tonight and the guy at the counter started talk about this s*** to us. so when i got home i googled it. This guy at the servo said they have tried it before (last year i think he said) but a magnet failed and they had to shut it down. He said it may cause the end of the world/galaxy or give us the opportunity to create new ones.

Now they are restarting this thing again soon, but apparently keeping it quiet (as there was a 'global scare') - says the servo guy

is he talking crap?

tell me more pit
Theres a HUUUGE thread on it somewhere, and we've already had this conversation.... It's the baptists..
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
is this the 2012 crap?

cba opening the link?
Without music, life would be a mistake.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote by noob888
I love you for that thread...

Quote by MightyAl
I am now mentally scarred by the image of Peter Crouch getting penalised.
yeah, they already had sevral others, this does not mean that it will destroy the world
it will just make sub-atomic exposins (so tiny nobody will feel them)
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
First of all there's a miniscule chance of it causing a micro-black hole, secondly there's a miniscule chance of it surviving Hawking radiation, and thirdly there's little chance of it being fired up again any time soon.

So yeah, no risk whatsoever.
Fender MIM Telecaster (w/SD Little '59)
Boss DS-1
Electro-Harmonix Little Big Muff
Digitech EX-7
Marshall Echohead
Fender Pro Junior
There is a THEORY that it'll create a black hole on site and that the earth will get swallowed into it. This is ridiculous (though cool). It won't happen. It won't end the world. It's just cool science.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Oui, Yes or just the good old Ja, Ja!

Lets get them over one by one ha

I- Black hole

That actually my favorite one:

-First whats a black hole?

-Well a super sized star that is so big that even light cant escape its gravitational field?

-And why isn't that possible to happen in the collider?

-In the collider will collide two sheaves of protons which are too small to create a black hole.

II-Explosion

Universal laws you cant get more than you putted in? So the small protons cant tear the earth in two or the galaxy or the universe
Pretty minimal chance of anything dangerous happening. If something does happen, you won't know about it. Scientists could learn a lot though. Guys like the one who told you that are just doing pointless scaremongering. Doesn't help, turns people against science.
I'm so adjective, I verb nouns.
Quote by Zero-Hartman

They say that they'll turn it on when this thing gets it's billionth view, so that person could see it...

Quote by denfilade
Didn't TS make an exact same thread 3 minutes ago and it got locked?

No, this thread was first, then he made that one.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Yeah. They thousands of guys who've spent most of their lives studying this with a 10 billion dollar budget disagree with that guy at the servo.

Who do you think might be right?
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
actually this whole h1m1 thing is what is going to end the world, everbody is getting vaccines for it and the vaccines are going to turn us into zombies, then the zombies will destroy everything.
Quote by dann_blood
Yeah. They thousands of guys who've spent most of their lives studying this with a 10 billion dollar budget disagree with that guy at the servo.

Who do you think might be right?

Oh Crap it's the guy at the servo isn't it

Grooving to the Music

Skydiving Fund: R 50.00/ R 1600.00

If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.

The Dalai Lama
Quote by xxhendrixfanxx
actually this whole h1m1 thing is what is going to end the world, everbody is getting vaccines for it and the vaccines are going to turn us into zombies, then the zombies will destroy everything.

LOL
ALL OF MY CRAP SONGS/IDEAS

Quote by God
LOLjk guise, im not real.

Quote by JDbbx
I don't want to go into detail but it involves my girlfriend, a condom and 10 seconds.

If anyone sigs that I shall be most irritated
Quote by biga29
Theres a HUUUGE thread on it somewhere, and we've already had this conversation.... It's the baptists..

i first read that as "the bassists"