Page 1 of 2
Am I the only one who thinks that one of the highest rated (well, according to some) cartoons of all time is one package of complete bullsh*t?

I don't get it why a show with lame and random pop culture references, jokes that takes 30 minutes before delivering the punchline, and the obvious fact that it PLAGIARIZED THE HELL OUT OF THE SIMPSONS (CAN NO ONE SEE IT!?!?!?!) became so popular.

To those Family Guy fans, am I the wrong one here? If so, give me reasons why you enjoy the show.
Quote by TheClincher
I give you the lolslope
---
--------
--------------
---------------------

Quote by Trowzaa

I love you.

Yeah, you are the only one.
Guitars
Ibanez Prestige RG1570
Schecter Omen 6
ESP LTD Viper 400
Dean Dime From Hell

Amp
Peavey 5150
I'm pretty sure you're the only one thinking that, bro.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I totally agree with you output.
We ain't pushing the boundaries, we're blowing them up.
We ain't trying to expand the scene, we want the scene to erupt.

Just need to chill out and take it for what it is. Genius.
Quote by Ghostmaker
The main reason I picked up guitar was to impress a girl who I knew played. It worked, she was showing me her boobs within a month.
its an awful show especially compared to its rivals, south park, futurama, simpsons and even king of the hill
This has been discussed many times I'm sure. I don't find it funny, personally.
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
A few of the random gags are funny, but watching the show is a bit tiring. There's just no lasting comedic merit in that show, just cheap gags placed throughout an episode with a loose theme.

That's how I find it anyway...
I can take a road that'll see me through.
What you have here is called an O-P-I-N-I-O-N. (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/opinion).

And an annoyingly long sig, that you should think about shortening because seriously, I don't want to scroll 5 kajillion miles just to read that other people think you're an idiot. I'd rather scroll an inch and THEN find out that your opinion sucks.
hasn't been good since about season 3, the characters are vehicles for jokes rather than characters in the traditional sense of the word, overusing jokes from season to season (hey, if we repeat them over and over they'll become funny eventually, right?) and just general idiotic lowest-common-denominator humour.

takes nothing away from season 2 and 3, when the show actually had plots and a few jokes that weren't flashbacks.
derp
lol u have faggot in ur username

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Everything I say is to be taken as serious fucking business.
I like Family Guy. Sometimes, yeah, it can just be random gags with no actual story, but its entertaining. I would never call it a comedic masterpiece, its alright. There are better shows, but its fun to watch.
Quote by God
i lol'd
Quote by jfreyvogel
The only show worse than Family Guy out of the adult cartoons is King of the Hill. Family Guy at least tries to be funny even if it fails at least 3/4 of the time.

King of the Hill is SO much better than Family Guy. Seriously.
I can take a road that'll see me through.
OP, you are not the only one. I have failed to laugh even once at Family Guy.
The Simpsons rip-offs included.
404: Sig not found.
Quote by output24
Am I the only one who thinks that one of the highest rated (well, according to some) cartoons of all time is one package of complete bullsh*t?

I don't get it why a show with lame and random pop culture references, jokes that takes 30 minutes before delivering the punchline, and the obvious fact that it PLAGIARIZED THE HELL OUT OF THE SIMPSONS (CAN NO ONE SEE IT!?!?!?!) became so popular.

To those Family Guy fans, am I the wrong one here? If so, give me reasons why you enjoy the show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiGsrkWIdCk
"If I told you that, I'd have to kill you."
"Why is it like.. top secret?"
"No."

Last.fm
Quote by Scout1011
A few of the random gags are funny, but watching the show is a bit tiring. There's just no lasting comedic merit in that show, just cheap gags placed throughout an episode with a loose theme.

That's how I find it anyway...

My exact point of view. Watching that show is tiring as hell. It's like you wait for all the jokes, you tell yourself 'in the end, it will all make sense' repeatedly, you wait for 10 minutes of a scene to resolve, you tell yourself 'in the end, it will all make sense' again...

10 minutes later: THERE'S A HOLE IN THE TV SCREEN AND YOUR HAND IS BLEEDING.
Quote by TheClincher
I give you the lolslope
---
--------
--------------
---------------------

Quote by Trowzaa

I love you.

They have some good jokes but there are better shows.

Disclaimer: By reading the above post, you agree that El Hilliaro is legally and morally free from any responsiblity should any harm be incurred by said post.

Also, you agree that I'm awesome and own all your stuff now.
Quote by Scout1011
King of the Hill is SO much better than Family Guy. Seriously.

That's why King of the Hill got canceled and replaced by The Cleveland Show, right?
Quote by Snuffles
You are an absolute god, offspring_punk

Quote by drop-dead666
You're a retard, read Scourges posts. There is already a system folder, why do I need a system32.
Quote by rorythe******
hasn't been good since about season 3, the characters are vehicles for jokes rather than characters in the traditional sense of the word, overusing jokes from season to season (hey, if we repeat them over and over they'll become funny eventually, right?) and just general idiotic lowest-common-denominator humour.

takes nothing away from season 2 and 3, when the show actually had plots and a few jokes that weren't flashbacks.

+1/2
I kinda' agree with this. I think the first 3seasons are the best, the stuff after is pretty good. But the newest stuff, from about 07 till now, is pretty bad.
Guitars
Ibanez Prestige RG1570
Schecter Omen 6
ESP LTD Viper 400
Dean Dime From Hell

Amp
Peavey 5150
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
that reminds me... has anybody heard about the bird?

What about the bird?
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Family guy has it's moments. When it isn't relying on the whole "flashback"or "Like the time I..." routine.
When they rip on Meg out of nowhere is funny, other than that the show sucks.

American Dad is way funnier and written better.

But South Park is the KING of all cartoon shows.
Quote by dannyniceboy
Chrisnw22 just struck it dead on, and in doing so offended said people. lol wtg bro :-)

Night Of The Pear II - August 7th/8th 2009
http://
Who cares if it makes sense. You aren't supposed to watch Family Guy for intelligent, well thought out social commentary, you watch it to laugh and laugh only.
Call me Batman.
I don't like it. But not for that reason.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
family guy is a poorly written simpsons rip off that was made purely so teenagers could look up one clip per episode on youtube, tell there friends, and then forget about it

the south park episodes on the subject mirror my own opinion of the show
Quote by Kensai
What about the bird?

The bird is the word.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
family guy is a poorly written simpsons rip off that was made purely so teenagers could look up one clip per episode on youtube, tell there friends, and then forget about it

yea that's why family guy was made BEFORE youtube
Quote by offspring_punk
That's why King of the Hill got canceled and replaced by The Cleveland Show, right?

Arrested Development was canceled. I rest my case.
the south park episodes on the subject mirror my own opinion of the show

What, even the bit where some guy tells one of the kids that he enjoys Family Guy because it doesn't get all preachy?
Call me Batman.
I don't really like Family Guy that much, but I have to say that Peter Griffin's laugh is the best laugh that any cartoon character has, period.
Page 1 of 2