I'm pretty obsessed with this guy at the moment. There must be some other fans out there in the big wide world of UG. He's an amazing songwriter and musician, and his violinist Warren Ellis is a bit of a legend too.

So, favourite song? Favourite album? For me it's There She Goes, My Beautiful World and The Good Son respectively.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

FUZZY FLATPICKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Enjoy occasionally controversial ramblings related to guitars? I have a blog which meets these criteria.
I prefer Warren Ellis in The Dirty Three but Nick Cave is still great to listen to as well.
She Had An Abortion That She Made Me Pay For
Search for 'Nick Cave LSO St. Luke's' on Youtube and there's an entire recent BBC session he did on there in really good quality. Tupelo, Stagger Lee and We Call Upon The Author are the best bits IMO, gotta love Warren Ellis lying on the floor making pedal noises all the way through We Call Upon The Author!

volcom_sk8_rock is right, Dirty Three are awesome!
╠═══════╬═══════╣

FUZZY FLATPICKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Enjoy occasionally controversial ramblings related to guitars? I have a blog which meets these criteria.
Quote by Tombe
I'm pretty obsessed with this guy at the moment. There must be some other fans out there in the big wide world of UG. He's an amazing songwriter and musician, and his violinist Warren Ellis is a bit of a legend too.

So, favourite song? Favourite album? For me it's There She Goes, My Beautiful World and The Good Son respectively.

That's my favorite Cave song!

For best album I can't decide between Murder Ballads, Henry's Dream and Lyre/Blues. Indeed a great artist. One of the best songwriters and the best lyricist ever IMO.
There's always money in the banana stand!
I remember the Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds thread floating around somewhere but I can't seem to find it.

Anyway a phenomenal man, huge inspiration. I want to see him live so badly.

The Dirty Three killl. Pretty much anyone around in the same Melbourne post-punk scene of him owns as well. Rowland S. Howard etc.
Yeah he's awesome. I only own Dig Lazarus Dig but I want that to change quickly. Murder Ballads is a sweet album, but I think I'll make Tender Prey my next one. Deanna is a sweet song.
This isn't coincidence
there's no such
thing
If you get a chance to see him live you should! He gives away a great show. It's a pity though I've never been able to catch him live earlier in his carreer. I bought a DVD of him playing it this small Dutch club, called Paradiso, in 1990. The atmosphere and the interpretations of his songs are amazing there.
There's always money in the banana stand!
I've been listening to From Her To Eternity alot recently. I picked up the deluxe edition in HMV. I love it