i want to change my guitar's pick ups i have a Epiphone SG G 400 and i play alot of metal so i was thinking of active pickups i like the sound that Zakk Wylde has so i was thinking of hes Signature EMG's any advice
GEAR
Epiphone SG G 400
Marshall JH-1
Peavy Vyper
Marshall MG 10
Epiphone Thunderbird IV
Hartke A100
i believe they're just the 81/85 combo but with slight mod and massive price difference, just get 81/85
but find out how much it will cost to get a cavity made for the batterys cos their will be no where for them to go!
Judging by your amp(s), I'd say to get a new one. :/ With those starter amps, you won't hear much of a difference in tone with a pickup swap. You'll hear one, but not one that will warrant the price of the pickup replacement.
Quote by Baby Joel
Judging by your amp(s), I'd say to get a new one. :/ With those starter amps, you won't hear much of a difference in tone with a pickup swap. You'll hear one, but not one that will warrant the price of the pickup replacement.

I agree. No point in getting EMG's without a tube amp.

From your guitars/amps I judge you are in no position to get a JCM 800 (Zakk uses one).
Maybe a Peavey Windsor? Never heard one, but AFAIK its supposed to be a JCM 800 copy. Or a used JCM.
they are my home amps i have a 120 watt peavey XXX at band practice
GEAR
Epiphone SG G 400
Marshall JH-1
Peavy Vyper
Marshall MG 10
Epiphone Thunderbird IV
Hartke A100