Page 1 of 7
Guys can come too, I guess.

What do you women think of pick-up artists? That is, people who specialize and pride themselves with the know-how of picking up women?

Is it strange, unmanly or "cheap tricks"? I mean women have their cheap tricks too, they learn it from magazines, books or shows on how to reel in and keep men.

What do you guys think?

Please read the definitions below:

Pick-up artist (or PUA): A person with techniques (bodylanguage, attitude, self-confidence et.c.) for attracting people with no agenda on using them for sex or not. Usually people who used to be bad at approaching and talking to people who has learned to deal with this. Don't confuse them with the two later defintions.

Player: A person with one goal in mind: Using people. Don't confuse with a PUA because this person don't care about if he hurts people.

Douche or AFC (average frustrated chump): Your average popped-collar oompa-loompa tanned idiot who has no game, but insists on making an effort. The guy you'll see approaching women despite a conspicuous lack of successful experiences. Usually takes rejection like a little child and is overly agressive. Don't confuse with a PUA.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Last edited by Kensai at Oct 9, 2009,

Seriously though, people who do it just to sleep with a different woman each week are pretty douchey. And I can't think of any other reason to do it than that.

It's so on, Kjell
Last edited by Mistress_Ibanez at Oct 8, 2009,
Quote by Kensai

What do you women think of pick-up artists? That is, people who specialize and pride themselves with the know-how of picking up women?

Is it strange, unmanly or "cheap tricks"? I mean women have their cheap tricks too, they learn it from magazines, books or shows on how to reel in and keep men.

What do you guys think?

Cosmo.

I've honestly never heard the term "pick-up artist" before.
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
I don't like them at all. That Mystery guy is a collossal douche, but his name reminds me of a song with the same name from A Bit of Fry and Laurie so it's okay.

I've been told I look like a particularly ugly girl if I tie my hair back and I've recently shaved.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at Oct 8, 2009,
Quote by andrew12398
Cosmo.

What's so bad with picking up women?

In the long run you could get back problems. Especially if you're a chubby chaser.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
As a guy, i think they are pretty sleazy and dodgy.

sorry for the blasphemy, pit.
Member Of The Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only.

I Play the Bagpipes.

they actually are a pleasant instrument.
I think girls would like a guy more if they knew he was just theirs and nobody else's man.
Those greedy witches...
I think they're douche bags, but the girls that sleep with them are no better.
Love in technicolour, sprayed out on walls
Well I've been pounding at the pavement
'Til there's nothing at all
I got my cloak and dagger
In a bar room brawl
See the local loves a fighter
Loves a winner to fall
Quote by Kensai

What do you guys think?

Hahaha

Get real son!

90% of women AND men will think PUA is dumb and for greasy haired guys wearing leather jackets going "what YOU doin'" in Joey voice.

Its the art of social dynamics, social psychology, and building self-esteem. As much as girls will say its gay, lame, cheesy, fake, etcetc, I bet me and you are a lot more fun to hang out with!
The lake was silent for some time. Finally it said:
"I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that Narcissus was beautiful. I weep because, each time he knelt beside my banks, I could see, in the depths of his eyes, my own beauty reflected."
Quote by CrunchyRoll
Hahaha

Get real son!

90% of women AND men will think PUA is dumb and for greasy haired guys wearing leather jackets going "what YOU doin'" in Joey voice.

Its the art of social dynamics, social psychology, and building self-esteem. As much as girls will say its gay, lame, cheesy, fake, etcetc, I bet me and you are a lot more fun to hang out with!

It's How's you dooooin? Which is a fantastic pick up line.
My Gear:

Washburn 6 String Bantam Series

Fender Mexican P-Bass

Farida Stratocaster

Peavey TNT115S
Quote by jambi_mantra
In the long run you could get back problems. Especially if you're a chubby chaser.

Yea I mean with the characters bad back he shouldn't be picking up any women.
Gear:
Gibson SG w/ Bare Knuckle Aftermaths
Early 90s Fender MIM Telecaster
Squier VM Jaguar
Ibanez RGD7421
Blackstar HT-100
Avatar Vintage w/ 2 Governors and 2 Swamp Thangs
Ibanez EX
Carvin bx500 w/ Peavey 2x10&1x15
Note, I'm a guy, but still...

I have to say that I despise these people because they **** up the chick's head and then she can't get close to any guy for the next 6 months because she's too scared she'll get used again.

That being said, I despise even more the women that do it, because they're usually the ones that have said to pick up artists "you're ****ing gross; have you no self esteem?" when, in reality, they're just as bad if not worse for being loose-moraled hypocrites
Washburn WI66 Pro E Celtic Cross (1 of 48!)
Washburn WI66 Pro Honeyburst
Takamine EG334SC Acoustic-Electric
Peavey XXX 120W All Tube Half Stack
Line6 MM4/FM4/DL4
Boss NS2
Vox Snakecharmer Compressor
Digitech XP100 Whammy Wah
pick-up artist =/= abusive, sleazy womanizer
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
Quote by Kensai

What do you guys think?

Yeah it's Called Tits and Ass,Bro..
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
I'm a guy and I dislike them.

One of my friends (female) thought this guy really liked her. He met her at a bar and was really sweet to her and everything. She had sex with him and then he was a complete asshole and refused to talk to her. It really messed with her head and she still has a problem with trusting guys when it comes to liking them/being in a relationship.
Quote by andrew12398
Cosmo.

I've honestly never heard the term "pick-up artist" before.

I have, I've seen some of their work...

Seriously, I don't like them. One of my mates always brags about how many girls he's had over the weekend, thinks it impresses me...
████████████
████████████
████████████

RNLAF

I Like Planes
Last edited by Gammas1 at Oct 8, 2009,
Quote by daytripper75

One of my friends (female) thought this guy really liked her. He met her at a bar and was really sweet to her and everything. She had sex with him and then he was a complete asshole and refused to talk to her. It really messed with her head and she still has a problem with trusting guys when it comes to liking them/being in a relationship.

And how do you know he is a Pick up artist?

Oh right you're just ignorant!
"I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that Narcissus was beautiful. I weep because, each time he knelt beside my banks, I could see, in the depths of his eyes, my own beauty reflected."
I think those guys are assholes, and I can usually spot one when he approaches. But then, I try not to surround myself with people that are like that. The best way to get to a girl is through friendships, and that's the truth. This "friend-zone" crap is a pointless fear.

But in any case, there's a fine line between pick-up lines and the cute, "I-dunno-how-to-talk-to-a-girl-so-I'll-just-say-something-cheezy" kind of talk. A very fine line. We girls have to stay on our toes to weed out the assholes who keep layin' in on thick.

Don't be that guy. We don't like those guys.
"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

e-married to zgr0826
Quote by CrunchyRoll
Hahaha

Get real son!

Preaching to the choir, man

Quote by daytripper75

In all fairness that guy is a douche, and not strictly a PUA.
Quote by CrunchyRoll
Hahaha

Get real son!

What YOU doin?!?!?!
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Quote by Nexium
What YOU doin?!?!?!

lol

I went to school with a kid that looked like him.
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
Quote by Kensai

In all fairness that guy is a douche, and not strictly a PUA.

Actually she found out that he has done the same thing several other times. So to me it seems like he was.
Well, girls may not like them, but that obviously doesn't stop them from sleeping with them. Don't get me wrong, I don't agree with it, but if its what they need then
Current Gear:
Michael Kelly Club Custom 5 Acoustic Bass
Dean Performer Series PE-QM-TGE
Varrios Basic 5 Bass
Acoustic B450 Combo Amp
I support the 2nd Amendment. I don't support people who abuse it.
Quote by daytripper75
Actually she found out that he has done the same thing several other times. So to me it seems like he was.

So he's a serial douche, then

A PUA is just a guy who picks up women, with no agenda of being a dick or not. Most guys doing it are guys who used to be the nerdy, shy guy who all the women rejected but now has the confidence to approach and talk to girls. They're ususally cool, and not that douchey.
PUA know what every guy wishes they knew.

See how long the Relationship thread is? I have yet to see a guy be mad at me for helping them out. Usually thanks and praise!

Posters in this thread are butt hurt that they

1. Suck with women
2. Blame others for their sucking
3. Misunderstand the concept

But when you sit in class next to a cute girl and don't know what to say, I will still be in the RT to help you anyways, cuz I'm nice.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I always believed "pick-up artists" prized the "hunt" over everything else.

Once the hunt was over, and they "bagged" their quarry, they'd move on to the next target.

Pretty douchebaggish actually imo and I've never really seen "pick-up artist" used in a positive manner.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Quote by Kensai
So he's a serial douche, then

A PUA is just a guy who picks up women, with no agenda of being a dick or not. Most guys doing it are guys who used to be the nerdy, shy guy who all the women rejected but now has the confidence to approach and talk to girls. They're ususally cool, and not that douchey.

They want to get laid, that seems like an agenda to me
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Who doesn't want to get laid?

You made a thread about buying a hoodie. You obviously care about you're social status enough to make a THREAD about it on a internet forum because you want to size to be oh-so-perfect.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

I mean the being a dick or not being an agenda.

Don't know what you other guys are like, but I make my intentions very clear, and I don't trick the girls at all saying we're gonna be in a relationship or whatever. There's alot of girls out there who just want to have fun, you know.
Pick up artists are pretty cool guys. Some do some great work.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Pickup artists are ****ing lame. A cool guy isn't.

None of you even know what a pickup artist is btw. And I'm also willing to say that almost none of you get laid consistently every week either. Don't hate on others for getting laid just because you live in your own negative world.
Quote by buddha
isnt there a law against not shaving? thats somewere in our constitution. i think it goes something like a girl maybe be a freak in the sheets but no be wild down stairs is treason and for that she will be beheaded.-good old Benjamin F.

Quote by Dosed.
This "friend-zone" crap is a pointless fear.

Haha.

Bullshit it is.

I went through school being the nice, popular but quiet kid, and I can safely say that most girls will go for the guys that treat them like dirt.

Then you get to uni, and it becomes a lot easier to get sex. But the guys who can pull all the girls has got what he wants, and so have the girls, at least temporarily.

The only people who don't get any gratification are the ones in 'the friend zone'.

I'm very glad I haven't had to be in the friendzone for years. It sucks.
Now 100% humour free, in accordance with the rules.

.fm
.wordpress
Last edited by Fleabag at Oct 8, 2009,
Quote by CrunchyRoll
Who doesn't want to get laid?

You made a thread about buying a hoodie. You obviously care about you're social status enough to make a THREAD about it on a internet forum because you want to size to be oh-so-perfect.

*your

**the

I really don't think the pit equates to real life social status. I just want to know about sizes. Why are the two even comparable?

Quote by Kensai

Oh I see.

Well it's not always like that. I've had some pretty offensive stuff said to me for turning PUAs down.

Quote by PaulyVengeance
GAH!! wtf...WHOSE RESPONSIBLE THIS??!?

The face or the ink?
Last edited by Mistress_Ibanez at Oct 8, 2009,
Quote by Kensai

Don't know what you other guys are like, but I make my intentions very clear, and I don't trick the girls at all saying we're gonna be in a relationship or whatever. There's alot of girls out there who just want to have fun, you know.

I don't see what's wrong with this. If you make your intentions clear and practice safe sex, who gets hurt?
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
*your

**the

I really don't think the pit equates to real life social status. I just want to know about sizes. Why are the two even comparable?

The two are comparable because you act as if wanting to have sex is a negative trait. Yet you buy things that, in your opinion (even though its ugly), would increase your social status via looking good in a perfectly fitting hoodie.
Quote by shakin'cakes
Pickup artists are ****ing lame. A cool guy isn't.

None of you even know what a pickup artist is btw. And I'm also willing to say that almost none of you get laid consistently every week either. Don't hate on others for getting laid just because you live in your own negative world.

Oh please do educate us oh wise ass one.
If you're only up to every other week just hush.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.