I got an Ibanez RG1570 which I got for an insanely good price (£500) but I just find it's to technical, I can set it up and change the tuning with no problem at all it's just all a bit over the top just to change tuning and I think "Is this really gigable for what I'm doing"

So what do you lot think?
Mark Tremonti: I have my own mixer on stage so I can alter my volmes while on stage

Myles Kennedy: And why's that Mark?

Mark Tremonti:....I have trust issues with the sound guy

Selling a Marshall DSL401!
1. Buy a hartail
2. Keep both guitars
3. ??????
4. Profit
Rhythm In Jump. Dancing Close To You
Don't get rid of it

If its the tremelo set up that's trippin you up, take it to a guitar shop and watch them set it up and, if you have to, take notes. It may sound dumb, but it's what I did when I had floyd rose.

Tremelos are great for gigging even if you don't use the whammy bar. They keep your guitar in tune so you don't have to worry about it. If I were you, I'd keep it.

But if you're gonna sell it, you can make a nice profit off of it
WHAAAT, lol

i wouldn`t get rid just get another guitar for you alternative tunings, there`ll come a day when you`ll be thinking damn i could really use that ibby right now.
Get another hardtail guitar and keep the Ibby if you like it.
Last edited by darkcheef at Oct 8, 2009,
Quote by 66titan66
1. Buy a hartail
2. Keep both guitars
3. ??????
4. Profit

Haha that saying is like 10 years old I haven't heard that in forever.
Dont sell it.

Like Ibanez god said have a secong guitar for alternate tunings, you prbably wont need to spend as much on that one as the Ibby should really be the main gigging guitar IMO but you could upgrade the pickups in them if your not pleased with the sound as well.

Over all keep the RG and get a hardtail of some sort.
Gear:
LTD Viper-50
LTD V-250
Line 6 Spider iii 15
Randall RX120R
Boss ME-50
I second Darkcheef and 66titan66 on this.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
Quote by SanSebastian145
if you do sell it i would be intrested!
actually scratch that

i forgot how bad i need a new amp
how often do you change tunings? couldn't you use your other guitars for the different tunings?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Well at the moment I use Eb, Standard and Drop C which my Ibanez is in. I just think alot of work goes into them. I love the sound of it I just hate the fact that I have to undo the nut and tune it if I need to move it to a different tuning which happens quite often lol.
Mark Tremonti: I have my own mixer on stage so I can alter my volmes while on stage

yeah, it is extra work. generally i just leave all my guitars in one tuning... i mean, you have 3 guitars, and need 3 tunings, assuming each guitar will work for the songs you play in each tuning...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah, it sounds like you just need to get a hardtail for your alternate tunings. Keep the Rg man.

And damn, you got that at a badass price.
Quote by MetalHead916

And damn, you got that at a badass price.

Yeah, I came with the case, manual and everything really lol.

i would normally say keep it. but i know how hard it is to convince yourself to keep a guitar when you're really not head over heels with it. just make sure whatever you do you're not keeping it just because it's a badass guitar. make sure it's because it's a badass guitar AND you like it for what it does. i'm thinking about getting rid of my old RG570 for the exact same reason. it just sits in my room and gets no play time at all.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
I think I'll keep it cause it sound awesome in Drop C =D

Quote by darkcheef
Haha that saying is like 10 years old I haven't heard that in forever.

Oh wow, sigged because you're just so damn cool and I made you laugh at something that old.

Good on ya Tokai. You can never have too many guitars.
Rhythm In Jump. Dancing Close To You
Read the ultimate floyd rose set-up thread and learn that 1570 inside out. IMO they are one of the best deals going. I feel stupid for not having one years ago.
7 string Legion 7 > 6 Do mosh pits warm your heart? Then become a SECOND RATE CITIZEN.....better than the worst!