Poll: Wich pickups to go for?
Poll Options
View poll results: Wich pickups to go for?
Warpig/Trilogy/Trilogy
1 33%
Nailbomb/Trilogy/Trilogy
2 67%
Something else:p (List your suggestions in the thread please=D)
0 0%
Voters: 3.
Hey all

I've been looking around for pickups for quite a while now, and i decided it will be BKPs! One problem with BKP though... Too many good stuff to choose from!

A quick recap on the guitar, it's a MIA fender deluxe strat with the following specs:

• Alder body
  • Maple Neck
  • Rosewood Fretboard
  • HSS pickup config with S1 switching

I emailed Tim (the big boss over at BKP) about it and I mentioned the Warpig as a bridge pickup, he said it was a great choice but that the Nailbomb would be a very good decision aswell.
Now my question is, what would you guys go for? And could you list me the benefits one has over the other?

The humbucker will mostly be used for Power Metal, you can find the type of tones I'd like to be able to achieve in this vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6DHNZTmjnA
I'm not planning to copy their tone, i just want mine to be the same style:p (Epic sounding solos with heavy rhythm playing if you get what i mean)

For the neck and middle single coils I've been considering the trilogys since i got the feeling they match well with a high output bridge humbucker:p Are the trilogys capeable of getting a Claptonish sound? Or do you have any other sugestions?

All your opinions will be greatly appreciated!
Nailbombs work best in drop tunings ive found. but id say Irishtours in the middle and neck position as they are nice hot SCs but if your looking for something more subtle and vintage ive got Apaches for that. but i think nailbombs and trilogys would work
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
Quote by Gego
Hey all

The humbucker will mostly be used for Power Metal!

Have you looked at Duncans and Dimarzios they make excellent power metal pickups, (Dimi Super Distortion, SD JB)

As for single coil Pups ive heard good things about, Dimis and Bare Knuckle so its up to you as ive got an all HB guitar and dont use SCs
Gear:
LTD Viper-50
LTD V-250
Line 6 Spider iii 15
Randall RX120R
Boss ME-50
Quote by nav00
Nailbombs work best in drop tunings ive found. but id say Irishtours in the middle and neck position as they are nice hot SCs but if your looking for something more subtle and vintage ive got Apaches for that. but i think nailbombs and trilogys would work

This 100%
Thanks for the replies On the BKP forum someone suggested me a Holy Diver instead of a nailbomb... Any opinions on that?