Page 1 of 4
I know I posted a thread just about 50 minutes ago, but this just happened to me and I need other people's opinions/experiences. I know I post alot of threads, but I didn't post any for the past two weeks, so give me a break.

I was listening to CloudKicker's "The Discovery" album (for all of you who don't know CloudKicker, shame on you for missing on the greatest instrumental album composer of the past decade) and at the end realised I was so moved that tears were streaming down my face.

has any form of contemporary music (by which I mean music made after 1900) moved you to tears?

go!

(also, click here for link to cloudkicker, who lets you download his albums for free)
Sigur Ros
Explosions In The Sky
Godspeed You! Black Emperor

I was not sober, but still. Post rock and post metal just give me a rollercoaster of emotions in general anyway.
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Just for the record I made the greatest instrumental album of the decade, please edit or something...

But yeah music has never made me cry
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
If I hear Disney soundtracks at the right volume/sound quality, I cry. When they released The Nightmare Before Christmas in theaters, I cried the whole time because of the music.
Quote by Venice King
Just for the record I made the greatest instrumental album of the decade, please edit or something...

But yeah music has never made me cry

I DEMAND a link to this album
Quote by CoreysMonster
I DEMAND a link to this album

Damn link isn't working on this pc... Err must be some kinda awesomeness error. They exist yeah?
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
I got that a bit after listening to Dark Side of the Moon for the first time. I know that's an obvious answer but it is one seriously powerful album.

I am now imagining you dancing to that album with the "" mask over your face.

Quote by Venice King
Damn link isn't working on this pc... Err must be some kinda awesomeness error. They exist yeah?

you have no band or mp3s on your profile, hence I call shenanigans
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Oct 8, 2009,
Never full out cried, but the entirety of The Decemberists: The Crane Wife cd gets me fairly close, especially Crane Wife 1 & 2
Quote by jimmy hendrix 2
Don't argue with my new deity.
I cried hearing Cancer by My Chemical Romance. My mom had cancer at the time. Certain live renditions of Hurt by NIN can do it sometimes to.
When i was little the Tim McGraw song "Don't Take The Girl" always made me cry like a little lass... but nothing recently
I let my mom listen to "Hero Of War" by Rise Against last night and she cried over that
✠I use emotion for the many and reserve reason for the few
✠Adolf Hitler✠
Second movement of Max Bruch's violin concerto no. 1
First movement of Tchaikovsky's serenade for string orchestra
Toccata from Bach's keyboard partita no. 6

edit: woops didn't read that last part. In that case, no.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Oct 8, 2009,
Edit the Sad Parts - Modest Mouse

and the entire album Hospice (specifically Wake) by The Antlers
Quote by RATM forever
definitely the best spam thread today!
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
That's going to be your image of me forever, isn't it?

I'm so doing that.

if you do this, I will personally BEG all admins to get you 3 "get out of ban free" cards. I will do all I can for this if you post a dancing video to the entire album with the face mask.
Quote by gridlockSG400
Wow..... I was expecting it to be funny.

it was kind of funny...

I never cried, but when I saw the video for Johnny Cash's cover of Hurt I almost did
Funny I should happen across this topic:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3re_xqu4ycQ
Any Day Now by Ronnie Milsap.

And now for another song that's more related to guitar and rock music:
"The End" and "Say Goodnight" by Bullet For My Valentine. Both wonderful songs, but both very depressing.
"All About Eve" by Steve Vai - just an amazing song, very touching when you're really connected with it.
Two hands, holding one guitar.
Quote by TV-Casualty
I cried like a bitch listening to Agalloch's album The Mantle

Good man. I've wept manly tears to Agalloch as well.
Quote by CoreysMonster
if you do this, I will personally BEG all admins to get you 3 "get out of ban free" cards. I will do all I can for this if you post a dancing video to the entire album with the face mask.

With some work that could be quite awesome.

I'll consider it.
Tears in Heaven made me cry once when I was real sad. The Day That Never Comes made me cry once because of like a personal connection to the lyrics
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
With some work that could be quite awesome.

I'll consider it.

before you did, I'd PM frenchy asking about it tho.
not just for lulz, but if you actually did a video of that magnitude, it could easily be featured on UG and give you alot more advantages than simple "get out of ban free" cards, which I doubt exist anyways.
making a video to an entire album is no easy task, as you most likely know.
Quote by I_hate_kyle
Good man. I've wept manly tears to Agalloch as well.

You're not alone... I too have wept tears made of snow of metal from listening to Agalloch.

How amazing The Mantle was.
And how much of a letdown Ashes Against The Grain Was

Also wow I must have watched that Carl Sagan video at least 20 times. No tears but by god that's amazing.
A Celebration For The Death Of Man...

Quote by Madison Perella

Thats not even sensible I base myself like this I like power I don't understand emotion. Knowledge is key and fire pokemon own.

That love song from Titanic, I danced to it with my girlfriend tonight and realized that was the first song we danced to.

:'D
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

I've never actually cried because of a song but there are some songs that really move me. Particularly Treads by this will destroy you. Beautiful song.
"Black" by Pearl Jam, "No One Will Ever Love You" by The Magnetic Fields, and "You Never Know" by Immortal Technique are the only songs I've ever come close to shedding a tear to.
"Dead Flag Blues" - Godspeed You Black Emperor!
Quote by Just_Matt
Atta boy! *pats makefunoflucky and heads towards the rear...*
A couple by Iron and Wine.

Elliott Smith, plus a couple of guys who did some covers of his work.

Yann Tiersen
The first time I heard Comfortably Numb (/cliche)
For some reason when I hear Lenny by SRV I get a little tear.
Page 1 of 4