Help! The center "pin" (the center plastic one) of an EL34 tube broke off in the socket and I can't get it out. How can I get it out? Tried plying it out and it just broke a little more so I'm done trying that. I assume I can't still use the tube.
I can't be too specific without seeing it, but have you tried pushing from the other side? Usually there are small holes that go through so maybe a paper clip could push through from there?
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by CJRocker
Help! The center "pin" (the center plastic one) of an EL34 tube broke off in the socket and I can't get it out. How can I get it out? Tried plying it out and it just broke a little more so I'm done trying that. I assume I can't still use the tube.
Bring it to a tech. One can easily get it out from the bottom. If you know how to discharge the caps in the amp you could pull the chassis and pull it out yourself. But I wouldn't do this unless you know how to discharge the caps as the tube sockets are dangerous, high voltage areas.

Theoretically as long as all the pins are intact you can use the tube, but you would have to make sure that all the pins are in the correct positions, the center is there to orient the tube correctly so all the pins match to their corresponding sockets.
You can either push it from the other side if you can safely work in an amp, or a little hot glue on the end of a toothpick should stick to it just enough to pull it out.
you could put some glue on there like roc said. best and safest idea, if hot glue gets stuck in there, you could still take it to a tech
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Alright, thanks all. I'll try the hot glue trick, and if that doesn't work try to push it out from the other side as I know how to discharge caps.