Hello everybody,

I have a digitech 355 multi-effects pedal and I'm looking for a small amp that fits perfectly with that - i think I don't need an effects amp, right?

I realy don't need a loud amp, something between 5-15w should be enough (home pratcing only).

Which amps. do you recommed? (99 - 159 U$)

Thank's !
Quote by britishsligean
epiphone valve junior

it has to be good. jonas brothers play the bigger version of it
Quote by PapaSchumpf
it has to be good. jonas brothers play the bigger version of it

that kind of puts me off buyin one later this month
depends what stuff you want to be playing. I know it's not 5 watt but the Vox AC4 is the best sounding amp of it's type by some way. The Fender Champion 600 has good cleans, but gets shat all over by the Vox's bigger and better speaker
As much as I dislike the combo version of the Valve Jr you could always get it now and add a separate cab later when funds permit. I can't think of anything else that falls under $160 unless you can find something used on Craigslist.
Valve Junior for $150
Vox AC4 for $199

AC4 is better
VJ is cheaper

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Quote by 1jack369
defo the marshall =]

dont listen to him,he is a troll

Valve junior or Ac4? is good
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
you need a cab or you could buy a combo
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
I'll see if my budget allows me to buy a Vox AC4... if not, the combo valve jr. should be sufficient...

Thank's a lot guys!
The head does not work alone, but you can buy the combo and add a cab to it later. The combo speaker doesn't do the amp justice but It's not a bad idea to buy the combo with the intent to use it like a head, and have the ability to use it like as a combo as well. The combo has jacks so you can easily hook it to a cab.
yeah i personally like the sound of the ac4. but since you are a beginner do you know what a tube amp is? i really suggest looking at this guide for help so if you get the ac4 you dont break it.

EDIT: oooopsssss i forgot the link here you go https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=278232
Quote by classicrocker01
You know you're addicted to gear when you've had more guitars than girlfriends

........that would be me
Last edited by Supersonic64 at Oct 8, 2009,
Quote by 1jack369
marshall mg15fx

the £100 one

its really nice youtube it

Quote by 1jack369
defo the marshall =]

this one is a troll. don't listen to him. the Vox AC4 is a fantastic amp. you could also have a look at the valve junior, its less expensive, but the AC4 is the better amp
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Oct 8, 2009,
Quote by Darkflame
^the ac4 pwns the epiphone VJ

woops, i mixed them up. i meant the AC4 is better, but the valve junior is cheaper
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Oct 8, 2009,
Hey supersonic, thank's man... i'll read it as soon as i can

Shinysides, the Valve Jr. is a lot cheaper than the VOX !! I'm aiming for the combos, not head+cab...

Thank's a lot everybody!
Which is better??? You're getting me confused dude
The vox is much better.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5