I have a bit of an issue--I left my speaker cable at another house, and I need to hook up my head to my cab to practice. Can I use any other type of cable for this, that I might have sitting around my house?
Thanks

~FI
Tempus Edux Rerum Sic Transit Gloria Mundi

Check out my band, Prosper! Prog/Metal/Core from Columbus, Ohio.
no, allways use speaker cable.
using guitar cable will break the cable.
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
you should be able to use a guitar cable they appear to be the same as speaker cables, and on some they indicate hooking amps together
Quote by bananahammock
no, allways use speaker cable.
using guitar cable will break the cable.

Yes, I know I can't use a guitar cable. But are the speaker cables the same as other cables I might have for household items?

Quote by Fatal Instinct
Yes, I know I can't use a guitar cable. But are the speaker cables the same as other cables I might have for household items?

Like what?
i was in a situation like that once, and i used a 2.5mm jack (the next size down from a guitar cable plug) male/male audio cable and put an adapter on each end. it didn't seem to mess anything up, and it worked for the one time i had to do it. so just try to find some audio cables and adapters and figure somthing out.
My Main Gear

guitars
gibson sg special faded
Fender Stratocaster (turning it into the black strat relic!)
cort stat 2t
ventura (ibanez artcore lawsuit era copy)
'74 alvarez acoustic

amps
peavy transtube express 112
Back in my n00b says I used an instrument cable to attach my head to my cab for probably over a year and nothing ever happened.

If anything does happen its more likely to ruin the cable before damaging either the head or the cab and once the cable is gone you'll know it because you won't have sound anymore.

However, I'd still advise against using an instrument cable because there is always the chance something really bad could happen.

I honestly can't think of anything else that you would be able to safely use to connect the head and cab, though. Sorry!
you could make a cable out of a lamp cord is you're really desperate/have the stuff to do it.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Quote by mikeyElite
you could make a cable out of a lamp cord is you're really desperate/have the stuff to do it.

Alas, I have no spare lamps.