Hey,

can someone tell me how can I get sound like Eric Clapton's in Wonderful Tonight? What effect can make the guitar play so soft?
I just turn the tone down a little on my neck pickup and use it on clean with some reverb.

I dunno, it works alright, but I dunno how to replicate it exactly. Probably an expensive rig.
neck pickup on a strat, possibly chorus and midboost as above^, quality clean amp, and a bit of feeling
Pick far up over the neck pickup, or better yet just use your thumb instead of a pick. You'll need some reverb but other than that it's just playing dynamics. I would not use a chorus.
Quote by Matt-92
neck pickup on a strat, possibly chorus and midboost as above^, quality clean amp, and a bit of feeling

Pretty much what I'd say.

I know it's weird, but I like to kind of use my own tone when I'm playing songs, like using reverb, so what? lol yeah just go for your own tone, or do like this dude said.

Good luck.
RIP Terje (Valfar) Bakken
If your amp has a parametric EQ that helps. Keep everything at noon and then just change the mid frequency to 11:00. Then set the mid level to taste. I usually don't move it past 7 on clean except for long soloing.
i don't hear any chorus, sounds like neck pick up and light picking to me
And if I don't see ya, in a long, long while

I'll try to find you

Left of the dial
play the unplugged version wih an acoustic. chics eat that **** up like it's honey on a dick.
There's a fair amount of compression going on there, but it can still be close with light picking, over or near the neck pickup, with the neck pickup on.

+1 to extra reverb, but I don't hear much, if any chorus...