Ok so I'm kind of an old fart. Anyway I recently picked up playing a bit and need a little clarification. I read music notation but I see tab is what everybody seems to prefer. I want to get back into finger picking so I looked up Tab for Led Zep Stairway to Heaven.
I found what seems to be one really good one but where they start to write the lyrics under the tab seems to have started skipping alot of the words to the point of breaking them in middle of some of the words and remainder just is missing.
http://www.911tabs.com/link/?5524897 Please copy and paste to your address bar for a look at what I mean. Do they just end at a bar and you repeat the bar?
I have spent days searching for an answer but have come up empty. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated TYA
I'm not sure I understand what you mean but the way I read it, you just play it through. No repeating unless it has a x4 at the end of the whole bar or something similar

Hope i was of some help
E---------2-----2-|-0-----0----------|---------------2-|-0-0-0-----------|
B-------1---3-----|---1-----0-1------|-------1-----3---|-1-1-1-----------|
G-----0-------2---|-----2-------2----|-----0-----2-----|-2-2-2-----------|
D---2-----0-------|-3----------------|---2-----0-------|-3-3-3-----------|
A-3---------------|---------0----0-2-|-3---------------|-----------------|
E-----------------|------------------|-----------------|-----------------|
Theres a

E-------5-7-----7-|-8-----8-2-----2-|-0---------0-----|-----------------|
B-----5-----5-----|---5-------3-----|---1---1-----1---|-0-1-1-----------|
G---5---------5---|-----5-------2---|-----2---------2-|-0-2-2-----------|
D-7-------6-------|-5-------4-------|-3---------------|-----------------|
A-----------------|-----------------|-----------------|-2-0-0-----------|
E-----------------|-----------------|-----------------|-----------------|
lady whos glitter buying a heaven When she

the format screwed up in the copy and paste process. I know all the bars are supposed to line up. Anyway, the lyrics are " there's a lady who's sure, all that glitters is gold, and she's buying a stairway to heaven. So the question is, where are the missing notes corresponding to the missing lyrics? Am I the only one seeing this like this? When I was learning about tab, I found something that said this was a text format (ascII). Do you see all the lyrics and corresponding tab in its entirety? Once again thanks for your help. Am redoing the link for convenience.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/l/led_zeppelin/stairway_to_heaven_tab.htm

When I preview the post, the lyrics will move closer together but the missing ones are still missing. Am I the only one seeing it this way. If so it must have something to do with the formatting will try to get a screen shot for next post.
well supposedly i uploaded a screen shot as an attachment but not sure if it took. thanks anyway. I can't believe I'm the only one seeing this like this.
Attachments:
stairway.txt