I bought one from e-bay (1$ , and when it arrived, i noticed that the jack plate doesnt fit the hole in the guitar...
The guitar is a Cort VX-2V
I thought that if i make a cut downwards in the jack hole "wall" (lets call it like that...), that matbe I could make it fit on the guitar, but im not really sure if i should do it

Give me some tips please :S
You would be able to route the body to fit the new jack plate, but if you don't know how to do that i wouldnt reccomend trying without reading up on it and practicing on scrap wood.

Or you could just buy another one that does fit your guitar, youll have only wasted $1.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Quote by FuzzLove
Or you could just buy another one that does fit your guitar, youll have only wasted $1.
I'd definitely try that approach first. Why go through a ton of trouble to fit your guitar to a $1 part? Paying a bit more to buy a part that fits the guitar seems more logical.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
I'd definitely try that approach first. Why go through a ton of trouble to fit your guitar to a $1 part? Paying a bit more to buy a part that fits the guitar seems more logical.

Could you please help me out then? I cant find one that fits in the hole, and ive kept searching the web, but still nothing...
post a pic of the hole and the old jackplate, maybe?
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.