i know, i've made like 5 posts about 7 strings on here, but because there are so many UG users, most of them are just pushed down by new threads...

Anyways, as i have stated before, my 7 string Ibanez RG7321 STILL has that weird "doink" sound(yes, that's the best I can describe it) and I'm wondering if it's because i am tuned down to A? Because Korn has it a tad on their first 2 albums(before they got guitars with a longer scale length) and bands like Outcast and Dream Theatre, who tune in B standard don't have it, or they barely have it. 8 string guitars also make a similar sound... So will tuning back up help(other than korn there aren't many good bands who play in A standard, and I'm looking for more complex music lately lol)?

Oh, and i recently brought my guitar in because apparently the truss rod had bent when i tuned down...So if i tune back up, will it bend again, or will it be fine?

Oh, and I need some good bands that use 7 strings. I'm not that great of a guitarist(i mean i can't play like Dragonforce(who, even though they suck, are hard to play if you can't sweep) or like Steve Vai stuff. But I can do morbid angel, suicide silence, that kinda stuff. I guess Death metal or any other metal bands like that. idk. But i don't know many bands that use 7 strings.
Well, I think that 'doink' should disappear or be quieter if you get it set up by a tech, but I think that sound your referring to is just kinda "there", especially with 8 strings.

I dunno about the second question, but on Triviums Shogun album they use 7 strings.
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
Do you have a clip of the "doink" sound? What gauge strings are you using? I've never heard of a truss rod bending from downtuning.
try playing some Protest The Hero, it's wicked hard but if you can get it down its super fun to play
Quote by wonderflap
You had to put a penis option.......

The results are now nulled due to this being the pit.... The home of penis watch wearers.

Quote by TheChaz
Rust in peace invented food
he sure is one legit dude
don't let it get to your head

ಠ_ಠ
if it goes away when tuned to B then it's just a string tension problem and getting heavier gauge strings will help with that some
otherwise i would get it set up properly be a tech
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by splamron
Well, I think that 'doink' should disappear or be quieter if you get it set up by a tech, but I think that sound your referring to is just kinda "there", especially with 8 strings.

I dunno about the second question, but on Triviums Shogun album they use 7 strings.

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. It's really bad on 8 strings :P But if you use good distortion it isn't as bad lol.

And it was setup by a tech and it went away a little but when tuned down it gets worse :P
Some bands that use 7's:
Unearth
Trivium (on Shogun, their newest album)
Mnemic (I think, not sure though)
Older Meshuggah (use 8's now)
Arkaea
Fear Factory
Think there are a couple Divine Heresy songs you can play on a 7
Lacuna Coil
That's all I can think of at the minute

EDIT: & Behemoth?? I think
Last edited by _-Joey-_ at Oct 8, 2009,