This thing isn't much of a looker, but it makes up for it in low price and sound quality.

(Invalid img)

Much warmer and fuller sound than the Marshall 9200 I compared it to. It cost me 450 euros.

Not at home, so I haven't been able to try it with my own cab. The person I purchased it from had an E530 though, so I have a rough idea what it sounds like. Very tight, defined and articulate. Exactly what I need really. It lacked a bit of presence and grit when I tested it, but I later realised I had presence turned down to 0 so I expect no problems. Also tried it with a cheapo Ibanez with stock pickups so I suspect ít'll work much better when I run it through its paces with my Mahogany body maple top EMG equipped guitars.

As you can see though the power chord is fixed, I'm going to have to replace it if I want it to run off my power conditioner. Not a big deal really.

When I get home I promise a family shot and some more clips.

WTLTL 2011
Last edited by Mark G at Oct 10, 2009,
You expect an improvement with EMGs? lol, some people.

I kid, HNAD!
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by ch0
You expect an improvement with EMGs? lol, some people.

I kid, HNAD!

EMG loving/hating/bashing/flaming aside, they work for what they are meant for and they will give me more clarity and punch than the stock pickups from the $200 Ibanez I used to test the amp.

Wish I could give you guys a family pic now, but I won't be home for a few days. I'll make it up with some cool clips
WTLTL 2011
not a looker but i bet it gets the job done!
Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know it all
Close your eyes and I'll kiss you cause
With the birds I'll share
This lonely view
HNGd

<3 Mesa
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
What cab is this going to be running through??

Engl preamp + Mesa power amp = Total br00tz

HNPAD!

Tried it with a Randall 4x12 with V30s. They were brand new though, not broken in. Still sounded tight as hell. I'll be using it with a Framus 2x12 with V30s at home, and a Marshall 1960A live usually.

Can't wait to get home and give it a spin.
WTLTL 2011
I want some clipzor
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
i wanna see a picture with all your gear :3

awesome though, you must be very happy. congratulations : D
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
second kickass

Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard
Powered by CAA OD100 standard+ , Mesa 2x12
Affected by Maxon OD808, Mad Professor Deep blue delay

sweet
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
grats shes gonna sound great
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
*is glad I lurked*

Now to wait for some br00tal clipz & family shots

HNAD Mark
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Quote by Business
Not a looker?

To me that's much more interesting than a Blackstar...

definitley true
which of mesa's amps is the 50/50 in again?
HNPAD!
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
CONGRATZ!!!

man. you rock. I want good gear like you

HNGD !
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Sweet. My 2:90 was a great sounding power amp, the 50/50s are awesome as well.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by Business
6L6s in there? You might want to try 6L6GCs

Seriously? You do know 6L6GCs and 6L6GCs only are used in guitar amps? Normal 6L6s would not work in the vast majority of guitar amps without serious modifications. The two tubes have very little in common.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by Business
I think most Mesa's use 6L6s... that's what I have in my 2:95

No, you have 6L6GCs. We guitarists tend to just call them 6L6s.

Here's an old 6L6 next to an 80s production Shuguang 6L6GC.

Here's your typical 6L6GC.

Appearances aside, internal construction also differs.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
knew you'd get this. Im going to pick up one hopefully soon to start building a small rack aagain
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Quote by mexican_shred
knew you'd get this. Im going to pick up one hopefully soon to start building a small rack aagain

Racks ftw!

Too bad I can't afford fancy rack gear =(
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Racks ftw!(

Both kinds of racks for the win, I might add.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by SimplyBen
*is glad I lurked*

Now to wait for some br00tal clipz & family shots

HNAD Mark

Clips and more pics will come in this thread (not going to make another, mods are probably facepalming enough as it is) as soon as I get home. Probably sometime tomorrow morning.

Thanks Ben

Quote by Business
Not a looker?

To me that's much more interesting than a Blackstar...

Well it looks like it was taken from a yardsale, its a bit banged up and the design is very minimalist. I also prefer this over yet another blackstar pic though. I don't think I've seen this poweramp on UG before.

Quote by Holy-Diver
definitley true
which of mesa's amps is the 50/50 in again?
HNPAD!

You have to be a bit careful with the Mesa naming. The 50:50 is an old version which was later remade into a newer 50:50 which would also accept el34. This line was then discontinued and replaced by the 2:50, 20:20 and 2:90 I think. Not to be mistaken with the mesa 5:50 combo.

The newer 2:50 costs around 1800 euros new here, and the sound difference is very minimal compared to the 50:50 I got (for 450 used!). You can't run el34 which I wouldn't do anyway, it doesn't look as good and you don't have seperate standy and power switches for each channel. Not a problem, I can just leave the master of 1 channel on 0 if I don't use it.

Supposedly the 50:50 sounds more organic than the newer 2:50, never tested this myself though. I also read the 20:20 and the 2:90 sound a bit better than the 50:50 but hey, you're also paying twice to three times as much so i get that (450 vs. 900 euro, 450 vs. 1500 euro).

Quote by MatrixClaw
Sweet. My 2:90 was a great sounding power amp, the 50/50s are awesome as well.

I would have gotten that one, but I couldn't afford it. It costs twice as much as my old ENGL Blackmore! Had to make do with the money I got from that sale. I doubt its that much different from the 50:50 though.

Quote by Bostonrocks
CONGRATZ!!!

man. you rock. I want good gear like you

HNGD !

Well this arguably isn't much of a step up from my Blackmore, its just a step sideways more toward the music I play. I saved for 3 years AND sold my old gear to afford the blackmore back then. If you are patient enough to save up anything is possible.

Quote by mmolteratx
Seriously? You do know 6L6GCs and 6L6GCs only are used in guitar amps? Normal 6L6s would not work in the vast majority of guitar amps without serious modifications. The two tubes have very little in common.

Sorry, didn't mean to stir up confusion. I know there is a difference between 6l6 and 6l6GC, thought that was common knowledge so I cut it short to 6l6.

Quote by DiSTuRBeD -26-
How did I miss this!!?? Congrats Mark.

I demand mad clipz in the toanz thread

I don't know, I told you it was coming Clips of this thing will just be my webcam, as I don't have a decent mic. Def. expect high quality preamp recordings though.

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

awesomesauce-

Quote by mexican_shred

I'll give it extensive playing as soon as I can so hit me up in a few weeks and I'll give you a rundown of the pro's and con's of this thing.
WTLTL 2011
Last edited by Mark G at Oct 9, 2009,
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Racks ftw!

Too bad I can't afford fancy rack gear =(

My used blackmore + Z5 footswitch cost me 850 euros back then.

This current rack I have:
- ENGL e530: 350 euro
- Mesa 50:50: 450 euro
- Phonic power conditioner: 90 euro
- Gator 4U rackcase: 80 euro.

Total: 970 euro. Not that much more considering the added versatility and decrease in weight.

Quote by ragingkitty
Both kinds of racks for the win, I might add.

+1, although gear racks can be purchased and female racks can only be borrowed. (save for the skanky import brides)
WTLTL 2011
Last edited by Mark G at Oct 9, 2009,
Some more pics I promised.
(Invalid img)

Not sure about the power conditioner yet, I can't hook my mesa up to it unless I replace the power cord on it it.
WTLTL 2011
Congratz........

That looks gorgeous!
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Thanks! I wish I could play it, but my cabinet is at my drummer's place
WTLTL 2011