An idea struck me last night, and I think it would make a great musical.

Super Fly.

I know it sounds ridiculous, but using Curtis Mayfield's amazing soundtrack, and re-arranging it to inject a harder edge and some more energy into it, very similar to Fishbone's great cover of Freddie's Dead: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmCzc4DEY60

The key scenes could be extracted and used alongside the music. I actually think this could work. What do you guys think?

PS: The reason I'm doing this is because in my school this year we're doing a crappy musical, and I think it would be better if we actually put some of our own work into doing a great one. I just got laughed off when I said this.

EDIT: Also, I don't want to make this into some artsy theatre thing. I want it to be a slightly lighter take on the film. I hate nearly every other musical. I even hate the idea of a musical, but I feel this is something different.
Quote by HuckIt
I didn't find it that funny when I saw myself doing him in missionary position...

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
I was having sex with a female dolphin. In the dream I was like:
"YEEEEEEEAAAARGH I'M SCREWIN' A FEMALE DOLPHIN!!!" and when I woke up I was like:
"... wtf"
Last edited by Wiirdo at Oct 8, 2009,
When I hear musical I think of that terrible movie Hairspray. And when I think of Hairspray I want to cut my wrists.
I can already see where this thread is going.

When I say musical, I don't mean Cats or The Sound of Music. Please don't take it that way.
Quote by HuckIt
I didn't find it that funny when I saw myself doing him in missionary position...

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
"YEEEEEEEAAAARGH I'M SCREWIN' A FEMALE DOLPHIN!!!" and when I woke up I was like:
"... wtf"
but using Curtis Mayfield's amazing soundtrack

it would be better if we actually put some of our own work

wat

[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by Momentosis
wat

I mean that we adapt it into a musical. Like somebody doing a metal cover of Mario, we'll be doing a rock-ish funk sort of thing.
Quote by HuckIt

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
"... wtf"
Sounds pretty fly, for a rabbi.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄