OK so im in cross country right now and im really good and im also in a band that plays gigs. i haven't been able to practice for a while because of xc but once it ends i can. the problem is that my coach is gonna want me to do winter track so what should i do i really want to play with my band but i don't want my coach to be pissed HELP!
i dont get xc, its just running. imo, boring as hell. my lil brother just started it and he has to get up early some sat mornings to go to meets, and hes in school everday till 5:30, and he gets out at 2. i guess its good for health, both socially and physically. but it wouldnt be worth it for me. i would say play with your band, and thats my opinion on this.
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
Tell your coach you have a prior commitment.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
i try to this while also when in wrestling season, so i get it.what you probably want to do is just be honest, and compensate. tell him you have other offseason commitments, but that you can show up just to work out like 3 times a week or whatever works.
So the only reason you would do winter track is so you can make your coach happy? If you tell him/her nicely that you would rather not do it so you can play with your band, I'm sure (s)he'll understand.
Quote by Meurglys3
So the only reason you would do winter track is so you can make your coach happy? If you tell him/her nicely that you would rather not do it so you can play with your band, I'm sure (s)he'll understand.

well if it the coach is a she, maybe TS would rather keep he happy. if you know what i mean...

cliche, i know
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
Go watch high school musical. Seriously it will help xD
Gear:
Yamaha F310 acoustic
Ibanez RGR321ex
Peavey Vypyr 30