Forever, since I first heard a guitarist who played fast and enjoyed their tone I've had a very low treble tone, unfortunately with my current low wattage amp (Roland MicroCube) turning the tone up past 1/4 gives it hell loads of really sharp treble.

I didn't notice it last year when busking and the volume was almost at half way because I had so much reverb over it it was a complete blur but now that I use none I decided to see how my amp actually sounded whilst my parents were out.

I cranked it up and even with the treble at 9 O clock-ish I had way too much treble and I was playing a few notes that I didn't think I was playing, because they didn't stick out.

Is it possible to cut the treble out of the amp when turning the volume nob up?

On a side note, my amp makes a really bad buzzing sound when I play the a string open or on the 12h fret (or the equivalent of those notes in any other tuning) Why?

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the only time I will turn it up this loud is whilst busking, so a new amp is out of the question and any solutions have to be battery powered and portable.

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Last edited by metallicafan616 at Oct 8, 2009,
you could try an EQ pedal.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
I don't think that's treble, that's the clipping of the solid state amp which creates a really harsh distorted sound, unlike tube amps.

I suggest getting a new amp if you want to turn it up.
Oh yeh, I forgot to mention that I need it to be useable in the middle of a street, as that's the only time I will turn this amp up that high really.

With an EQ pedal, is it possible to get them battery powered?

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Quote by metallicafan616

With an EQ pedal, is it possible to get them battery powered?

yeah.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
+1 to the EQ, try out a danelectro fish n chips, nice n cheap and it gets the job done.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey