this is kind of hard to explain so look at 1st arpeggio and see how is picked look on the note that is the 3 before it goes down again where pattern is 320

the way im doing sweep picking is doing an sweep upstroke and i hit the 3 still with an upstroke and when i go down for part 2-0 i go down with a downstroke

i hope i explained that well basically i hit the whole sweep with an upstroke even when i get to 3 even though book starts going down with downstroke there and the way im doing it is

let me try to put it so is easier in case you guys you dint understand me

this is book:
U=up
D=Down
P=pull off

3-0-2-3-2-0
U-P-U-D-D-D

this is me:
3-0-2-3-2-0
U-P-U-U-D-D

should i try switching to the way the book does it? will it feel more natural or should i continue to do it the way im doing it?

any help is appreciated

PS: i know arpeggios are discussed extremely alot on this forum but this is a very specific question >_<
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Dunlop SW-95 Slash Wah Pedal
Cordoba C7 Nylon String Acoustic Guitar
Metal muff
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster Ash
I don't think you should change really, I play sweeps the same way you do and it's never given me any problems. Plus when you extend that arpeggio to get to the 5 string variant (for example) you'll want to hit that note with an upstroke anyway.
I wouldn't bother practicing the sweep with an open string in it though, it's unlikely to ever come up that way and it's easy enough to play the full diminished shape.
Speed is a by-product of shut the fuck up.
Last edited by Aleksi at Oct 8, 2009,
I don't think you should change really, I play sweeps the same way you do and it's never given me any problems. Plus when you extend that arpeggio to get to the 5 string variant (for example) you'll want to hit that note with an upstroke anyway.
I wouldn't bother practicing the sweep with an open string in it though, it's unlikely to ever come up that way and it's easy enough to play the full diminished shape.

oh ok thanks for the advice i guess i just keep doing it my way . im doing the whole thing for the exercise sake
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Dunlop SW-95 Slash Wah Pedal
Cordoba C7 Nylon String Acoustic Guitar
Metal muff
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster Ash