A shortened way of playing a Bm barre chord. Its missing the root note so technically it isnt a Bm, but it sounds the same.
It has a root note, but it is not in the bass so it is a second inversion B minor chord
Gear
Jekyll and Hyde
DD3 Delay
NS2 Noise gate
FAB chorus
Crybaby 535Q
HT-5 stack
1979 Gretsch BST 1000
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Schecter Gryphon
Fender American Strat
Taylor T5 Custom
www.facebook.com/fadeoutproductions
Quote by qotsa1998
A shortened way of playing a Bm barre chord. Its missing the root note so technically it isnt a Bm, but it sounds the same.

first of all, a chord does not have to have the root for it to be that chord. you see this kind of thing all the time with extended jazz voicing's, and 4th fret G string?...that's a B

the chord is a Bm second inversion.
It's a Bm, but NOT a second inversion. Seeing as how it has the standard Bm barre shape, it's quite possible that the B is being played by the bass.
I'm just speculating. If not, then go on ahead with the 2nd inversion.
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
Quote by Guitar x Dude 7
first of all, a chord does not have to have the root for it to be that chord. you see this kind of thing all the time with extended jazz voicing's, and 4th fret G string?...that's a B

the chord is a Bm second inversion.

Exactly. I saw his message and face palmed myself it was so stupid.

Slash chords qotsa, learn them.
Quote by acjshapiro

Quote by Vrstone87

meh, I've listened to every radiohead album and honestly don't get what everyone loves about them.....

cause you're ****ing stupid

What's the bass playing?

But the chord has to be a Bm 2nd inversion. It has all the tonalities of a Bm and the root is F#
Quote by Majin Gaara
What's the bass playing?

But the chord has to be a Bm 2nd inversion. It has all the tonalities of a Bm and the root is F#

I believe you meant bass note.
But it is impossible to determine without a context, or at least telling us what the bass is playing.
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.