Can anyone suggest any good books on Lead guitar or any book that will help with becoming a good lead guitarist.
My honest opinion get a guitar teacher thats can actually teach and your set...
But if you dont have the money i would say the internet is your next best bet...
I can almost gaurantee that anything you will find in a book you could find on the internet.....
I think books are much easier to learn from than the internet and unless you know musical notation really well I would suggest a teacher.
I would really recommend a teacher.

Troy Stetina's various books are quite good though, at least in terms of technique. All of his books that I've read have also had a chapter or two about how to develop your own style and whatnot.

Guthrie Govan's books are fantastic as well.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Last edited by DaddyTwoFoot at Oct 8, 2009,
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
I would really recommend a teacher.

Troy Stetina's various books are quite good though, at least in terms of technique. All of his books that I've read have also had a chapter or two about how to develop your own style and whatnot.

Guthrie Govan's books are fantastic as well.

Pretty much all of this.

I'd get a hold of Speed Mechanics and Fretboard Mastery by Stetina, if I were you, then set about finding a good teacher.
I just had posted to a guy about how good Stetina's Metal Rhythm Guitar book & CD is, I did that book about 6 months ago, and then I did his Lead One book, and I am just at the beginning of Lead Two.

He is actually holding a soloing contest at his website, and he is giving away a Jackson guitar to the winner,... amazing! I am working on my solo to a backing track from Lead One called "Slow Note Terror". I don't know if I have any chance to win first place, but I am giving it a shot.

So I would say the same thing as everyone else, try the Stetina Metal Lead Guitar books.
I also have Speed Mechanics for Lead Guitar by Troy Stetina and it's superb. Would deffo recommend you get that.
A lead player is nothing more than a technically superior rhythm player.
Learn everything a rhythm player must learn before playing lead.
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.