Along with a lot of other people here, im going to write about my band's difficulties. I'd like to get some people's opinions.

So im in a band with 4 other people. im the rhythm guitarist. we've been together for sometime now. the lead singer's voice is not too popular, which we gathered from all of the feedback we've gotten. me and the bassist want to either replace him or switch him out with me, who i've heard many people like my voice. however, the drummer and lead guitarist for some reason are deadset on him staying at the vocals. i have no idea why. its almost like they're unwilling to progress, or at least even attempt to.

thats the jist of it. i want to know what everyone thinks/get some advice on how to handle it all. thanks.
Guitars:
Martin DSR acoustic
Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Les Paul
Amp:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Pedals:
535Q Crybaby>Fulltone OCD>Phase 90>EHX Big Muff>MXR Carbon Copy>EHX Holy Grail
You can call me Matt
Quote by crzysnowborder
the drummer and lead guitarist for some reason are deadset on him staying at the vocals. i have no idea why.

Have you tried, you know, asking them?

If not, do so.
If yes, what did they say? Why was this not informative?
Why did you not press them for a proper/some proper reason(s)?
Quote by Ed O'Brien
“It’s not genius. It’s just that if you want something good to come out of something, you have to put in a lot of effort. That involves a lot of hard work, and a lot of blood, sweat and tears sometimes.”

http://urbanscarecrow.bandcamp.com/
Quote by Damascus
Have you tried, you know, asking them?

If not, do so.
If yes, what did they say? Why was this not informative?
Why did you not press them for a proper/some proper reason(s)?

This^

As usual the answer is simple. Communication. Sometimes I think band members don't have the balls to be direct about "difficult" subjects. If you don't face them asap though they are likely to branch out into bigger problems.

I understand that you probably don't want to hurt the singers feelings, but you need to do what Damascus wrote and have a discussion with the members (perhaps not the singer immediately). Then you need to take what you learn from that and make a decision based on that.