I searched already, none of the threads answered what I was looking for really.

Anyway....this Saturday I will be looking into, and hopefully buying a black, 2005 Gibson Xplorer Pro off of craigslist. The guy tells me it's in mint condition, has the paperwork, original case etc...But you still gotta check it out.

So far, I know to check

The Sound - It has the same pickups as current Explorers do, the 496r and the 500t so It cant sound that different than current production models.

Scratches/Weather marks/Buckle Rashes

Rust on the bridge, machine heads, pickups,

Action and playability

Angle of the neck bendage, I honestly don't know the proper way to check...I mean I can tell if it's like a complete slope, but nothing really minor.

I think those are the main points, but if there's anything else I missed, please enlighten me.
Starting Weight: 310, 38.8% Body fat (11/2008, pic in profile)
Latest Weigh in 230.2 14.3% Body fat (4/13/2013)

Pro life, pro gun, health nut, Christian and conservative. I make no apologies if what I say pisses anybody off.
ask him for a picture of the serial number and then punch it into the gibson identifier. this is kind of a must for high end guitars, u can never be too careful.

besides for that, the most important part is neck (especially on set neck guitars). action can be adjusted, its mostly the bend ur going to look for. just hold ur eye at the nut and look straight down. some people like a slight bend in the middle, some like it dead straight, so use ur best judgement when u play it and make sure theres no serious buzzing.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
Quote by darkcheef
A whole list was just made last week

Link or it isn't real
Starting Weight: 310, 38.8% Body fat (11/2008, pic in profile)
Latest Weigh in 230.2 14.3% Body fat (4/13/2013)

Pro life, pro gun, health nut, Christian and conservative. I make no apologies if what I say pisses anybody off.