Gentlemen, guitarists, welcome to The Offset Guitar Posse!

This is a thread for those oh-so-wonderfully off kilter designs that we all love. Share your pics, stories, GAS, and anything else pertaining to these marvels of instrument design.

Personally, I'm the proud owner of a Squier Duo-Sonic, with a Fender Jaguar on the way.
Duo-Sonic pr0nz:

Oh, there's a group too: http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/slightlyoffcenter/
Quote by Led Dirigible
Gentlemen, guitarists, welcome to The Offset Guitar Posse!

This is a thread for those oh-so-wonderfully off kilter designs that we all love. Share your pics, stories, GAS, and anything else pertaining to these marvels of instrument design.

Personally, I'm the proud owner of a Squier Duo-Sonic, with a Fender Jaguar on the way.
Duo-Sonic pr0nz:

Oh, there's a group too: http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/slightlyoffcenter/

odly that is a strat i wouldn't mind owning shame i can't afford one
Do RR's count, too? And no, that is not a strat.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
One of the most well known manufacturers of offset guitars is Fender. Here's some of their more recognizable designs.

Jaguar:

Jazzmaster:

Mustang:

Jagstang:

EDIT: Sure RR's count! And no, it's definitely not a Strat.
Last edited by Led Dirigible at Oct 8, 2009,
sounds like lots of guitars would fit in to this category. or you are just trying to weed out LP owners haha. well here's what ive got:

LTD AX-350. sorta off kilter but were you thinking more along the lines of parallelograms?

LTD-260SM. i love her!

i no longer have the blue jackson KVX10 in the background. i traded it and a mexi strat for...

an Ibanez Xiphos! first neck-thru guitar ive owned!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
the ax is my favorite guitar and im never getting rid of it. EMGs, love em or hate em, they go GREAT with this guitar. as soon as i get my xiphos properly set up, this AX will be my B std and C std instrument. almost wish i had a 26.5" or 27" scale on it but i think it will do fine. maybe in the coming years, ESP will put out a baritone version of this body style and i will promptly swipe it up if they do.

the FX, well, it was sitting my store for several months. at the time, i was station in NC and only came back to TX every so often. one time before i deployed, i came back for two weeks and fell in love with that guitar. i wasnt looking for a new axe at the time, it just fit me so well i had to buy it. so i bought it, played it for a week or so and since i left it in TX, i didnt get to see it for another year but now we are reunited.

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

I really want a fender Starcaster semi-hollowbody. Most epic guitar EVAR.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Mine

1984 Destroyer DT 155

Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
Quote by stradivari310
I really want a fender Starcaster semi-hollowbody. Most epic guitar EVAR.

REAL Starcasters (not the ones they sell under that name now) are awesome. Reissue, please?
^ i was wondering about that haha.

diofan = nice! only looks like about 20 usable frets!

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele

Quote by SYLrules88
^ i was wondering about that haha.

diofan = nice! only looks like about 20 usable frets!

thanks mate

i'd sell a kid before i'd sell that thing, vintage Ibanez!!

and ya you're right, fret access is not to great, i literally have to ****f my body position and bring the guitar UP to play the solo in Living after midnight (one of the notes is a 22 bend up to about 24, so you can imagine that hahah)
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
Picture doesn't do it justice, at all.

I need to take some in the sunlight to show off the burst! Not to mention the whole thing lol...

I also have a Ravelle, but I'm thinking of selling it...

By the way, that Squier looks AMAZING. You might have inspired some serious GAS!
Last edited by Tedward at Oct 8, 2009,
Quote by Led Dirigible
Whoa, ghiyath. Is that yours?

haha i wish. That belongs to the man Dean Campbell himself. I bought another model that has that exact same color though i don't think it qualifies as "offset" here it is

Hope I understand the thread correctly.

Here's a few pointies from my collection

Explorer Pro

My other exp's

Warlock

my bass

kinda the opposite of a rhoads, an ultra v
Quote by Led Dirigible
I like that, other than the pickguard. Reminds me of an Epiphone Wilshire for some reason.

Prolly cos the pg wraps back aroudn the @$$ end. But I think Gibson Marauders did that too and had the same 3+3 headstock as pictured.
hydra i abolutely love those explorers with the first being my favorite. i will have my own gibson explorer one day! and is that V a jackson? im really liking the gold hardware against the blue finish. a lot actually.

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele

Thanks SYLrules88, I'm pretty happy with the exp's. They balance exceptionally well when the strap button is located behind the neck heel. The V is a Carvin I got a little earlier this year. Deep purple with blackburst edges.