Okay so today in journalism class, I was searching the web, looking up various things on the computer (This class we really don't do anything) Anyway, I started searching books. I went to google books and I saw a book called, "The Real Sweeny Todd" sticken by what I had just saw I quickly read the plot summary. Turns out this guys for real. I tried googling the name but, movie's come up. So I found the real name for Mrs.Lovett, and lo and behold I found page after page of articles of how Sweeny Todd was real. Here's what I know:

1. His parents were alcholics. One day they left looking for booze and never came back.

2. He started to cut hair when he was about 19

3. For reasons unknown he killed a man one day before he met margery lovett.

4. Lovett and Todd started a shop where they killed people and put thir bodies in meat pies.

5. Lovett and Todd were lovers

6. One day the smell from the pie house attracted athorites, who searched the place and found piles and piles of bodies.

7. Now Todd was tried and convicted to hang, and the sentence was carried out. Lovett however avoided the hanging when she admitted to all charges then commited suicide by poison while she was imprisoned.

Now these facts are rather interesting and it certainly shows how broadway/hollywood blow things out of proportion. The actual place where these acts where commited actually still stands in London. Also the chair Todd had, the one that rolled back to dump the bodies down into the first floor was real. He was never charged of any crimes he did not comitt and never had a daughter or wife. Never truly a beadle who stalked him who he killed, all these things where made up. If you search real sweeny todd pics you may find and see the actual location and other jolly good stuff. It's a very gresoume story that the most underrated serial killer of all time had to put forth. I just thought the pit would like some nightmares. Search it, if you dare...
Quote by britishsligean
all i found was that there was no sweeney todd but he is a fictional character

The Todd from the movie is fictional there was a true man named sweeney todd.
Quote by Twist of fate
Was there an Antony?

Antony was a fictional character, however if you want a fun fact with that name, he was a big part of roman history and lover of cleopartra untill he was conquered by octavian/agustus. Also since I think its fun to keep the world from getting stupid, I will do a fact or fiction thread every week starting today, so look for it every thursday, I will host it in the pit. Next week is: 300 then I might do something with the halloween movies. 300 has a interesting story behind it regarding some of the characters mentioned, I think that you should find it rather enjoyable.
On one more thought I will proably end up adding dracula in with halloween, just beacause there is so much history, search the name vlad the impaler for more info.
I'm only seeing references to urban legends, no actual evidence of a real Sweeney Todd.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ASTRAL PANDA σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Last.fm
Quote by ub3r_bassist666
I'm only seeing references to urban legends, no actual evidence of a real Sweeney Todd.

Same. I call bull shit.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
The blowing thing out of proportions is called dramaticizing. I like the movie, don't know about you.
Congratulations. Today you've realised Hollywood isn't factual.
Also, Independence Day? The Movie? Didn't happen
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!
Quote by GaijinFoot
Congratulations. Today you've realised Hollywood isn't factual.
Also, Independence Day? The Movie? Didn't happen

What? Of course it did, silly.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ASTRAL PANDA σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Last.fm