when I hook up my fish and chips eq its very faint sounding..its not loud at all even with the level all the way up, even when hooked to another pedal or straight to the amp. maybe i'm not doing something right... could it be a dieing battery? its brand new I just got it.
I hate to ask, but... you did put a battery in, right? The Dano pedals come with a battery, but it's plastic wrapped. You have to open the back and plug it in. Other than that, I can't think of anything, so sorry
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Quote by FrustratedRocka
I hate to ask, but... you did put a battery in, right? The Dano pedals come with a battery, but it's plastic wrapped. You have to open the back and plug it in. Other than that, I can't think of anything, so sorry

yeah i took it out of the wrapper :P
sounds like a battery issue to me, try a new battery
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
While you're at it, make sure you replace the screw with a metal one. You WILL end up stripping out the plastic one eventually.
Quote by dr_shred

Quote by littlephil

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
check the battery and unsnapped it and snapped it back in. Plugged it in again and here is what happens. When the pedal is off the guitar is faint and when the pedal is on can't hear anything at all even with all 7 eqs up.
If you do not unplug the cable from the input jack then the new battery will be dead the next time you go to use it. The input jack is an on/off switch. That's why power supplies are best.
Yeah... forgot about that part. Don't worry, it happens to everyone with their first pedal. Just get in the habit of unplugging everything, or buy a power supply.
Quote by dr_shred

Quote by littlephil

Quote by Banjocal

id buy a power supply...no need to worry that your gonna run out of battery
Buy the 1spot 7-1 in one power supply thingy. They work great. It's like 35 bucks and has 5? 7? 9v cords coming off of it.

For maybe twice the price of a regular supply you'll get an investment that will last must longer.
Quote by Venice King
Beethoven ****ed Jimi Hendrix and I was born. I make my own music.