ok so i have a mim hss strat. dont like it. just isn't doin it for me and my genres

someone i know is interested in a trade, my strat plus 150$ begginer acoustic epiphone, for his schecter c-1.

should i go for it?
what C-1? the one with duncan designed actives? all Schecters with super strat shaped bodies are C-1's (except for 7's, then the're called C-7's)
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
No. A more equal trade would be the Strat for the C-1, without the acoustic guitar.

But a C-1 is only like $400 and a MIM Strat is what, $600?
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
No. A more equal trade would be the Strat for the C-1, without the acoustic guitar.

this

more or less

'08 Ibanez S5470 Prestige
Gibson SG Special - discontinued teal finish
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier
4x12 Mesa Oversized Slanted Cab
BOSS TU-2
iSP Decimator
Quote by randomhero93
what C-1? the one with duncan designed actives? all Schecters with super strat shaped bodies are C-1's (except for 7's, then the're called C-7's)

yes sir the one the the hb-105 pickups.

my strat does have some damages though. theres two big hits from hittig it on a wall one, and closing a door hard on it. they peeled some paint.

i just need a guitar with mahogany and humbuckers, better for rock than mine. i ant sell mine, ive tried many times. even though it costs 550 new, i wont be able to sell it for more than 275

so ive been lookin everyday at dallas ccraigslist for someone who wants to trade
Doesn't sound like a good deal to me, but if that's what you want to do then go for it. Just make sure you'll be happy with it.
I think the C-1 is basswood. Plus they're weak ducan designed humbuckers. Your HSS's bridge humbucker probably has more output than the wannabe Duncan's.
see if he'll just take the strat for the Schecter. and if not, i'd really think over what your main prorieties are and make sure you like the actives. I personally don't like the Duncan Designed pickups, so, think it out. it can go either way. oh and I can find MIM HSS standard strats for $500 new, not $600.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
the schecter is mahogoany.

but would it be good for what i play? i play every kind of rock, and some metal.

i play through a vox ad15vt

edit: to guy above, the schecter costs 500 new.

http://www.zzounds.com/item--SCEC1

reedit: read it wrong. it is 450
Last edited by nathanlamb01098 at Oct 8, 2009,
Your friend is trying to **** you over. That's a horrible, misproportioned trade.
Squier Strat (Jazz/JB) - Dunlop Zakk Wylde Crybaby - Boss MIJ HM-2 Distortion - Peavey Valveking 212 - Fender CD60
schecter > any MIM strat

In my opinion the guy getting the strat is getting ripped off, but definitely don't give him two guitars, that's just stupid.
the pickups that come with the c-1 are crap (unless it's the c-1 classic)
I put seymour duncan Jazz/JB combo in my c-1+ and it's a good guitar now, but in all honesty it's not worth more than a MIM Strat. although if you really want it that badly it's your choice. I'd keep the strat.
Quote by SRVNumberOne
schecter > any MIM strat

In my opinion the guy getting the strat is getting ripped off, but definitely don't give him two guitars, that's just stupid.

Nooo. IMO, Schecter = MIM Strat, at best. Both very obviously mid-range guitars in both quality and feel IMO, no doubt with better than average specimens here and there.
You will regret trading the strat. I traded my g&l tribute for a schecter c1+. I was happy for a good 8 months, but then I completly regretted trading away the G&L. IMO Schecters are the most beautiful guitars on the market, and thats why I made the trade. I was missing my G&L more then ever, so I had to buy myself a new strat style guitar. And now I am selling my schecter. Strat > Schecter
Quote by r0ckth3d34n

Mine was 6... got it for 550 though.

I would trade. I love my C-1 Plus more than... well, any guitar I've played (aside from a few). A pickup change and it will be a great guitar.

Quote by stratman7
Nooo. IMO, Schecter = MIM Strat, at best. Both very obviously mid-range guitars in both quality and feel IMO, no doubt with better than average specimens here and there.

I'd put both at higher than mid range man... I can't tell the difference between MIM and MIA... and most C-1's I've played have felt more solid than any top of the line Gibson, Fender, or Ibanez... I mean newer Gibsons... I can't in all good consious compare a C-1 to a '50's Les Paul...
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Last edited by Skynyrd890 at Oct 9, 2009,