ok. so im use to playing songs with simple bars and single notes. but i wanna learn more things with actual chords. the only problem is that the part of my finger with the finger print is a little big and it hits the string below the one i am on. is there a way to avoid this or a way to flatten that part of my finger? someone please help with advice.
try using it to an advantage. for example, when you play a barre-type D Minor...

e--5
B--6
G--7
D--7
A--5
E--X

...you might have a hard time not hitting the low open e string. Try letting your index finger press up against the side of the string. This way you can strum all six strings, but your index finger will mute the e string, and you'll only hear the Dm chord.

Let me know if this works.
Quote by Jesus_Dean
There's bound to be a drummer here that can help you, otherwise check YouTube for tutorial vids.
Quote by yoduh4077
MY TIME HAS COME.
Quote by Jesus_Dean
^^^See! Told ya so!
well thats not the problem. im talking about like an A minor chord. where i bar the 5th and use 2 fingers on the 7th, my pinky is on the d string and it mutes the g string with the skin on the finger print area of my finger.
Quote by thooperman101
well thats not the problem. im talking about like an A minor chord. where i bar the 5th and use 2 fingers on the 7th, my pinky is on the d string and it mutes the g string with the skin on the finger print area of my finger.

move you finger forward then work with your handicaps not against them