ok so im trying to learn songs but pretty much all of them have bar chords...i have no problem with them except when i hit the G and B string.

my fingers are skinny and has like no fat and the part of my finger is hitting those string.

so what can i do? i have finger strength. not a lot but about average. (play bass mostly)

so ya i cant find a good tutorial to help it so please. help.
I think everyone has trouble with that at first. Try turning your finger more on it's side. It'll take time to get it in just the right spot.
I've got possibly the boniest fingers you'll ever see, and when it comes to barre chords, all you need to do is practice really; for practicing, start with Barre chords like G Major, B Major (fretting the root note on the low E string), A Major, etc. Then eventually once you get the hang of those, move further down (or up, however you want to look at it) to chords like F and F#;

Some songs that use barre chords? I'd learn Creep by Radiohead, and the chorus to "Plug in Baby" by muse (which is a simple chorus).
Quote by obeythepenguin
You win this thread. Pipe organs FTW.

Quote by ShadesOfGray
Let's take it one step further and add a slogan:

Big Bach is listening you!
It's helps to make barre chords easier with a good "playable" guitar.
Action for instance helps alot when it comes to barre chods.

Check to see how your action is set.
If it is real high you might want to see about lowering your action and or getting a better guitar.
i have a seagull s6. amazing by the way haah. so the action is low. so i dont think its that.

but i dont get chords like this. 335353 like how would u position your fingers?
Quote by csgunner17
i have a seagull s6. amazing by the way haah. so the action is low. so i dont think its that.

but i dont get chords like this. 335353 like how would u position your fingers?

barre across 3rd fret, & have ur 2nd finger on 4th string, 5th fret and ur 3rd finger on 2nd string, 5th fret.

get it?
i have a seagull original s6, and tried a bunch before i bought one. i never played one with low action - first thing i did after getting mine was have it lowered. you might take yours for a setup; you might be surprised.
Try moving your index finger a little towards you (down, I guess.) It seemed to help me out.
Gear

EastWood Sidejack DLX
Epiphone Blues Custom 30
S.U.F VRH FUZZ
MXR Mirco Amp
BOSS BD-1 (Blues Driver)
Dunlop CryBaby
Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice

Honestly that's the only way to get good with barre chords.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
i tried moving it down. and doesnt work as well. im just trying to build more finger strength if that will help.

and my seagull dosnt have low action just low to me. like wehn i play my friends classical thats really high. but it seems low.
snf i get a bit of fret buzz which creates a echo well in the guitar how ca i fix that.
Quote by Natrone
Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice

Honestly that's the only way to get good with barre chords.

Yes, this.

There really is no "trick" to it, you just need to keep practicing so your hand strengthens, and after that it's pretty much a breeze.
LARGE TEXT
Oh you poor unfortunate wannabe !!!!!!! practice or are you fraid you,ll have sore fingers????
The best way to get the bar down across all 6 strings is to practice them with your 1st knuckle (like the one you'd punch someone with) up above the plane of the fretboard. This lets your finger stay locked straight and puts pressure on all 6. It's tough until you build up some strength but after that you have some quality tone without cheating.

Nick

Top Tier Guitar Studio
haha, i'm new to barre chords too. i keep muting the first two strings (high e and B strings) by accident whenever i barre, help anyone ?
haha, i'm new to barre chords too. i keep muting the first two strings (high e and B strings) by accident whenever i barre, help anyone ?

Just need more finger strength to have even pressure across the fret board.