Hello people, i really don't know where to post this, but eff it...
What would be the lowest tuning possible with making my ibanez sound like s**t?
Skinny Top, Heavy Bottom (10, 13, 17, 30, 42, 52) Ernie Ball FTW!

I'm sorry if this kinda makes no sense!
If you're refering to how low you can tune those guage strings before it is either too loose, or just doesn't have good tone, then I would say about C standard. If by "dethquestion" you're refering to the band Dethklok, I'm pretty sure they tune to C standard, if thats what you're aiming for. Any tunning lower and the strings would be too flimsy.
With 10's, I personally probably wouldn't go below Eb standard. Maybe I'd go to D standard, but definitely not any lower.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
drop c prolly with those bottom heavies. i guess youcould do c standard, but i wouldn't
I've done C standard with 10's but there was ALOT of buzz and i really had to adjust the **** outta the action

it was for a band i dont play in anymore
but ya i think you'd be fine
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
nice, nice. do you guys recommend any other strings that I could use? something that will give that "chu-ga chu-ga" effect? (all those chunky riffs you hear on the radio!)
tune it down a whole octave bitch. buy some 6-string bass strings. **** it, octave and a half. it is dethly

edit: dethklok does C, but they use 11-54, i think. i had a guitar set to d standard with 10-52s for a while, which worked fine. the high strings were all floppy and easy to use, but no buzz, and the low strings were just as tight as i needed them to be with plenty of chugg and no buzz
dont take any guff from these bastards man

Quote by Fenderhippie69
I only smoke when I've been drinking and I only drink when I've been smoking.
Last edited by spiderjerusalem at Oct 8, 2009,
Quote by GermanGTD65
nice, nice. do you guys recommend any other strings that I could use? something that will give that "chu-ga chu-ga" effect? (all those chunky riffs you hear on the radio!)

11-12'S are your best bet, id suggest GHS Boomers

love em
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.