So i wanna age the guitar knobs on my les paul. I wanna get the greenish color on the knob that appears to be under the knob or something. How is this done?

Guitars
1959' Gibson Reissue Les Paul
Gibson Alpine White Les Paul Studio
EVH Fender Frankenstrat
Jackson DKMG
Gibson les Paul Voodoo
Amps
Bugera 6262
Line 6 Spider III 75 combo
By playing it...?
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
I imagine a lot of the reasons why people like old guitars or relics are that the guitars were able to last that long and had that much history in the first place.
That's the copper pigment oxidizing. Kinda like the statue of liberty, kinda like fake gold jewelry. In the case of the statue of liberty, it's easy, leave it out exposed to salt air for 123 years I suppose you could attack it with some chmeicals to speed up the process, but not being a chemist, I don't know which ones.

Other possibility is the green could be some sort of fungal or bacterial growth from never being cleaned. Guess you could just play the hell out of the guitar and never clean it.
Quote by Hydra26
That's the copper pigment oxidizing. Kinda like the statue of liberty, kinda like fake gold jewelry. In the case of the statue of liberty, it's easy, leave it out exposed to salt air for 123 years I suppose you could attack it with some chmeicals to speed up the process, but not being a chemist, I don't know which ones.

Other possibility is the green could be some sort of fungal or bacterial growth from never being cleaned. Guess you could just play the hell out of the guitar and never clean it.

its weird I have that green stuff under a few of the knobs...
Guitars
1959' Gibson Reissue Les Paul
Gibson Alpine White Les Paul Studio
EVH Fender Frankenstrat
Jackson DKMG
Gibson les Paul Voodoo
Amps
Bugera 6262
Line 6 Spider III 75 combo
isnt the green stuff toxic?
I know some green stuff that shows up on metal after it oxidizes is...
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!