I just watched this movie again, and I must say that it, without a doubt, the scariest movie I've ever seen.
The buildup in this film is incredible, the climax is amazing, and the idea behind the film is just terrifying. Explaining too much about the film would spoil it, all I can say is this:
if you love science fiction, and love to be scared, you'll love this film.
any other fans/haters of the movie?
Sounds like my nights with my girlfriend.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
I loved it. I wasn't scared though. Apparently they cut out like thirty minutes of gore and scariness.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433
I loved it. I wasn't scared though. Apparently they cut out like thirty minutes of gore and scariness.

what??

*immediately searches for full version online*

hmm... then again, I'm still satisfied. I don't want the extended version, this version has pretty little gore, and is still awesome.
Oooooooh.

Scary eh?

Will check out.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
One of the best horror movies in space ever. I love movies with crazy stories about parallel dimensions and stuff.

Is there really an extended edition?
"Most people are trying to simplify the world. We're definitely here to complicate it." - Dad
Quote by RocksAwakening5
I you for posting this.

<-- Pretty much sums me up

8/7/09

^ I was there
Quote by CoreysMonster
what??

*immediately searches for full version online*

hmm... then again, I'm still satisfied. I don't want the extended version, this version has pretty little gore, and is still awesome.
I don't know if there's a full version available.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Such an awesome movie....Dead Space reminds me a lot of it

Quote by element4433

yea apparently the video that they watch of the original crew eating/raping/killing each other was originally even more graphic. I've heard rumors that they may release the extended edition sometime, but not certain.
Quote by me_llamo_juan
^You're awesome.

Quote by gtmustang2006
Listen to RageAgnstUrJaw.

"I've wronged you, and steal everything from the truth,
Can we find ourselves, walking through a field with no solitude,
The pain goes on."
Last edited by RageAgnstUrJaw at Oct 8, 2009,
fun fact from wikipedia

Trey Parker and Matt Stone cite this movie as an inspiration for their Satan-worshipping woodland critters who engage in gory acts and orgies in South Park episode 814, "Woodland Critter Christmas".[5]

EDIT: wiki also says that it inspired Dead Space ^
Quote by lucertia.
I was more scared of Laurence Fishburne.

I highly recommend the Fishburne/Goldblum film Deep Cover

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3ii4iqtCQU

Its on youtube somewhere.

I don't know what it is about that guy, but he always looks ready to kill

Quote by acidhendrix
Sick movie, but what was so scary about it?

I guess the fact that it IS technically possible. we don't know. what lies outside of our universe? what would happen if we found a way to get there? IS there really a place like that outside of our universe?
the thing about most monster movies is, we know there are no monsters like zombies or werewolves running around on earth.
but that's because we live here.
in the depths of space and beyond, who knows what terrors exist? I guess that's why I find it so scary, because, even though it's science fiction, it is actually technically possible.
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Oct 8, 2009,
Quote by CoreysMonster

I don't know what it is about that guy, but he always looks ready to kill

well in deep cover they are all psycho (jeff goldblum as well). messed up film.
Quote by Xiaoxi
Event Horizon was aiight. Wasn't that a B movie though?

no, this was

but seriously, I don't know. what IS a b-movie, anyways?
Quote by Xiaoxi
Event Horizon was aiight. Wasn't that a B movie though?

no...

I just didn't like the fact that it was like "ohhh, outside the universe there is pure evil!, and it makes people do evil things!" ..you'd think if you went beyond the universe, it would be beyond human comprehension and also beyond silly things like "good and evil", and if our minds were exposed to it, we would either explode from some kind of overload..or not be affected at all because we wouldn't be able to interpret anything..or something like that?

I still enjoyed the film, the psychological part was cool. The seen where that Justin kid almost died freaked me out .
Oh man, first time I watched that movie was at like 2am. Fell asleep right after it was over and awoke about two hours later in a cold sweat. Definitely one of my favorite sci-fi/horror movies.
Quote by happytimeharry
Oh man, first time I watched that movie was at like 2am. Fell asleep right after it was over and awoke about two hours later in a cold sweat. Definitely one of my favorite sci-fi/horror movies.

the best time of the day to watch horror movies
people who only watch horror movies during the day are pussies.

Quote by technicolour
no...

I just didn't like the fact that it was like "ohhh, outside the universe there is pure evil!, and it makes people do evil things!" ..you'd think if you went beyond the universe, it would be beyond human comprehension and also beyond silly things like "good and evil", and if our minds were exposed to it, we would either explode from some kind of overload..or not be affected at all because we wouldn't be able to interpret anything..or something like that?

I still enjoyed the film, the psychological part was cool. The seen where that Justin kid almost died freaked me out .

I kinda think that was more how it was meant to be. kinda like "existance outside of our universe is so chaotic and bizarre it drove the crew completely insane".
When Dr. Weir says the ship went to a world of pure evil and chaos, I interpret it more as a world so chaotic and incomprehensable that our minds immediately go crazy, hence the evil part.
Quote by CoreysMonster
the best time of the day to watch horror movies
people who only watch horror movies during the day are pussies.

Same goes for games as well. I've played through both FEAR games with the lights out, the surround system cranked, and no pillow to cuddle with. I feel like a real man.

*note* Three new chest hairs appeared while typing this post.
I lol'd hardcore at the Bee movie joke.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Quote by happytimeharry
Same goes for games as well. I've played through both FEAR games with the lights out, the surround system cranked, and no pillow to cuddle with. I feel like a real man.

*note* Three new chest hairs appeared while typing this post.

I refuse to play Doom 3 without the shutters closed at night with headphones on and no one else disturbing me. I turn off my phone, lock my doors, and refuse to acknowledge the existance of anything other than Doom, beer, and the occasional pizza.

seriously, getting up to go to the bathroom during gaming sessions like that is always like sleep walking.

also, getting back to the Event Horizion, there's a scene at the end where Dr. Weir shows the Fishbourne character what it's like in the other dimension, shouting "DO YOU SEE" multiple times. wasn't there a Slipknot song where the singer did the same? was that on Iowa? I don't remember.
(yes, I like slipknot. I'm 20 and have loved them since I was 14.)
Slipknot

[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by CoreysMonster

(yes, I like slipknot. I'm 20 and have loved them since I was 14.)

That takes a lot of guts to admit. I salute you!

I dunno about the song, though. I haven't listened to Iowa in quite some time.
Quote by happytimeharry
That takes a lot of guts to admit. I salute you!

I dunno about the song, though. I haven't listened to Iowa in quite some time.

I think I've been here long enough to be able to state I like any band without people bashing me (I ALSO LIKE LINKIN PARK (pre Minutes to Midnight) YOU COCKS)

seriously, the only reason people don't acknowledge them as a metal band is for the following reasons:

1. they appeared in the 90's
2. they have a DJ
3. they wear masks
4. the guitarists didn't play solos on the first 2 albums
5. they appeal to alot of people (mostly because of the teenage fans)

and yup, it's Iowa. I wasn't sure if Iowa or Scissors, but it's Iowa.
it starts at 11:11, which is coincidentally the length of tool's song "10000 Days"
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Oct 9, 2009,
Quote by CoreysMonster
I think I've been here long enough to be able to state I like any band without people bashing me (I ALSO LIKE LINKIN PARK (pre Minutes to Midnight) YOU COCKS)

Hey if you have that privilege then I do too and I like Linkin Park as well, god dammit! I also still listen to Mudvayne when I'm feeling really angst-ridden.
Quote by happytimeharry
Hey if you have that privilege then I do too and I like Linkin Park as well, god dammit! I also still listen to Mudvayne when I'm feeling really angst-ridden.

you tell 'em, Harry!

old school UG'ers have still got it.
Quote by CoreysMonster

old school UG'ers have still got it.

Damn straight we do! Now if you'll excuse me, I have some more Nirvana lyrics to write on my school binder.
Quote by happytimeharry
Damn straight we do! Now if you'll excuse me, I have some more Nirvana lyrics to write on my school binder.

I still proudly wear my Nirvana patch on my backpack.
Quote by happytimeharry
Same thing happened to me after 28 Days Later.
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.
Amazing film. Watched it on commercial television a while ago; i thought it was just your average sci-fi flick when I first started watching it. I got quite a surprise lol.

Yeah the bit where they see the video log of people screaming and eating/fvkcing eachother and the guy is like "Liberate tutae mae" etc; the audio from that is in the Anaal Nathrakh song The Technogoat. Fvcking brutal.

And yeah, the whole "alternate dimension being evil" thing, it's just because its so chaotic. Sam Neill (Wier) even calls it "the chaos dimension" at some point. Absolutely brutal movie. A plus in my books.
What is mountains? A mountains has no special shapes or sound!

Epic Chill Broseph Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join.