I like the shape and feel of a tele and i need another guitar but i play in a hardcore/metal style band and need a fat sound so i really would like a full humbucker. I know fender and squire do the 'Telecaster deluxe' but if im honest i really don't like the look off it, i think its just the shape of the scratch plate. So are there any other companies that make tele-styled guitars that have humbucker slots in the bridge atleast? Im in the UK if that makes a diffrence.

EDIT: I should have mentioned i want to stay away from 'Signiture' guitars and i've thought about single-coil sized 'buckers but have heard there usaully not that great. Opinions?
Last edited by Zakk_Lp at Oct 8, 2009,
Ohh and i'd really like to stay away from Signiture guitars if i can help it too, sorry should of mentioned that.
well if you don't like the look of fender's teles with humbuckers, you can always get a regular tele and buy humbuckers made to fit in place of the tele pickups
charvel put out a new line of guitars recently. there's one there thats a charvel san dimas style 2. tele shape, two duncan 'buckers alder body, original floyd rose. $2099 AUD. Is that any help?
nick_b is currently obsessed with:
Pokemon
Pinch Harmonics
12/8 timing
7/8 timing
Lamb of God
Rise Against
Regina Spektor
Dream Theater
and many others...
Depending how much you can afford to spend, you could get a basic Fender Tele and replace the pickups with pickups like a Seymour Duncan Hot Rails (bridge) and Cool Rails (neck). No, it won't sound like a guitar does with full humbuckers, but if you're really specific about the bridge and piakguard style or if you'd rather not spend a fortune, it's the only real option.
Second, slightly more expensive but alsos lightly better option if you get it done well, is to get a normal Tele then have it re-routed to accept two full humbuckers, then buy a new bridge and pickguard that can take humbuckers.
Third option is to go to a company like Warmoth or Carvin and have them make you a guitar to your spec. Carvin will make the whole thing but cost the most; Warmoth will cost a bit less but they only send you the parts, you have to assemble it all. Great options if you know what you're doing though.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Hmm, i think i may just get a single coil sized 'bucker after all. Whats everyones opinions on them?
Speaking of Carvin, they also make a pickup that delivers a humbucker sound in a single-coil space.

http://www.carvinguitars.com/guitarpickups.php

In addition, Lace Alumitones are a new style of pickup with a sound that is essentially independent of their shape. They're offered in single-coil or humbucking shapes in order to fit any kind of guitar, but there is little if any difference in the sound the two shapes deliver.

I currently have a guitar equipped with 3 Alumitones, but I haven't tried to coax any metal sounds out of it. There are, however, several videos out there demonstrating their versatility.

http://www.lacemusic.com/electric_pickups/electric_pickups.php http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP9aLgMTiUI&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJ8XwfZne0M&feature=player_embedded
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Actually i might just get a John 5 Squier tele and replace the scrach plate and what not so it doesn't look like the J5 signiture. What're the pickups and hardware like on them?
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Custom-Telecaster-FMT-Electric-Guitar?sku=511262

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Special-Edition-Spalted-Custom-Telecaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=513879

Personally, I think they're ugly as sin, but they seem to kinda be what you're looking for. Also, by saying to signature guitars, you're really limiting yourself in this particular department.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Actually i might just get a John 5 Squier tele and replace the scrach plate and what not so it doesn't look like the J5 signiture. What're the pickups and hardware like on them?

I can't say for sure, but I wouldn't do that- most signature guitars have a little price bump built in. Its a sort of a "royalty" for the endorser. You're just wasting your money if you "de-signature" the guitar.

Instead, just find out what kind of functional features it has and find something that matches up. It will probably cost less.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Oct 9, 2009,
Well what i'd do is wait for one to come up on Ebay grab it cheap and swap out the scrach plate to a white one and possibly change the hardware depending what it's like.
What's your budget? If you're willing to spend $1000+, I would look at a Charvel San Dimas Syle 2 or an Ibanez Prestige FR1620.

And single-coil humbuckers don't sound anything like humbuckers. They still sound thin. They have more output and they cancel hum, but that's about it. They'll have the attack of single coils.
Last edited by JELIFISH19 at Oct 9, 2009,
Quote by JELIFISH19
What's your budget? If you're willing to spend $1000+, I would look at a Charvel San Dimas Syle 2 or an Ibanez Prestige FR1620.

And single-coil humbuckers don't sound anything like humbuckers. They still sound thin. They have more output and they cancel hum, but that's about it. They'll have the attack of single coils.
Depends how they're made. If they're just stacked singlecoils then yes. If they're something more like a Hot Rails or Little '59 then they will be around the tone of a mini-humbucker.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
As I recall, Carvin has both stacked types and their "Twinblades."

Fender make tele's with humbuckers. Go for that and replace them if they're up to your standards
Guitars
Ibanez S470B
Iabez MTM2 w/ Seymoar Duncan Blackouts
Epiphone SG

Amps
Roland Micro Cube

Pedals
Boss MT-2
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Now that is just too sensible and easy!

if you don't like fender go with the schecter pt (like somebody else mentioned).

http://cgi.ebay.com/SCHECTER-PT-ELETRIC-GUITAR-BLACK-NEW--WOW!!_W0QQitemZ260351636556QQcmdZViewItem#ht_1946wt_941
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip