are eastwood guitars anygood? i think mr.white fromt he white stripes uses one but i have no idea. im lookin at maybe getting the airline twin tone (L/H) or the stormbird (L/H) but i hv never heard to much about them. thnx
Don't steal.
The government hates competition.
No he deosn't use Eastwood guitars. He uses an original JB Hutto Montgomery Airline, which Eastwood's makin a copy of.

But they're good guitars! They used to be sorta bad, but since they made som changes in the factory lately they've put out much better guitars.
Empty tankard! Empty Tankard!
so which one would be better? i play a lot of metal but i dont rly care if i have a "metal" guitar cuz i play a lot of other genres too
Don't steal.
Quote by bluechikkens777
so which one would be better? i play a lot of metal but i dont rly care if i have a "metal" guitar cuz i play a lot of other genres too

the original is obviously better. its like comparing a Victoria amp with an original Fender Bassman. the victoria replica comes close, but its not as good.
i cant afford the real one, but do u guys know which one is beter? like uh tone, quality, value, etc.
Don't steal.
I own the JW replica guitar, and it's a great guitar. Never had any problems with it, it's nothing special really. Just a standard HH chambered guitar. A touch too warm for my tastes, and the tone/volume knobs get in the way of your had for a few weeks at first. I don't play it as much as my other guitars, but it's a reliable backup.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Eastwood guitars from my experience are great. The only negative thing I have to say for them is the whole having only 20 frets thing. With the right effects pedal I'm pretty sure it could play metal. It's great for some blues and classic style rock though. Not to mention anything similar to the stripes.
I played a few mid-level Eastwoods.

IMO they were pretty good, the higher end ones will definately be better though.
I'm a huge sucker for Mosrites... BUT... i don't have the couple-grand$$$ that they fetch on E-bay!!

The Eastwood Hi-Flyer and Sidejack do a reaaaaaaaally good copy. Better, even, than any of the 70's Univox copies i've played.

Those two models are the only ones i've had experience with... but they were both good instruments, i would think/hope that quality would be ubiquetous throughout the models!
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."