I play in a thrash metal band, and i've been looking for something to replace my horrible sounding Marshall MGHDFX100 whatever thing. It sucks.

I've been talking to the guy from madison amps and he said he'll give me the artist discount of 50% off of everything.

However, i've heard that this is a shady company, and they use crappy parts, and they break down, and that you never hear back from the owners....

I love the sound of this amp, we played a show with Havok and they sounded amazing. But i dont wanna spend what little cash i have and get screwed over.

Does anyone know if Madison's gotten better, or if I'm making a good decision?? (most of the negative threads were about the Divinity I and were from 2006)

and i'm not gonna buy the 5150 or 6505.

Thanks for the help in advance..
No experience with them personally but the majority of the reviews I've read have been negative.

I would avoid them if I were you?

Whats your budget and are you willing to go used?
Well i dont have a budget. i have things i would be willing to sell to get the amp.

The thing is that all/most of those reviews are from quite a while ago and are about the Divinity I, not the Divinity II- which i've heard live and sounds great
Quote by KG Karnage
Well i dont have a budget. i have things i would be willing to sell to get the amp.

The thing is that all/most of those reviews are from quite a while ago and are about the Divinity I, not the Divinity II- which i've heard live and sounds great

Something can sound good live and still fall apart on you next week because they use cheap materials and don't use good construction methods.

The Divinity 1 didn't sound half bad but had a lot of reliability issues.

Have you looked into Splawn amps?
no, i havent.

but tbh the situation i'm in is kinda madison or bust.

and yeah i know the Divinity I is a piece of crap. but every review i see for the Divinity II is positive...
Quote by KG Karnage
I've been talking to the guy from madison amps and he said he'll give me the artist discount of 50% off of everything.

sumting wong tere
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by ragingkitty
sumting wong tere

Yea basically "****!!! We can't sell our amps... You play guitar?? Well then we'll just give you an artist discount since you play an instrument - how does 50% sound?"

TS: I honestly don't see how a company like Madison could just magically start making good amps. They've already proven that they really don't know what they're doing when it comes to making a solid, well constructed amp.
^thank you, very incitefull... anyone have experience with the company lately or with the Divinity II??
Quote by KG Karnage
^thank you, very incitefull... anyone have experience with the company lately or with the Divinity II??

You're not gonna get anyone on here because everyone knows they're a bad company and no one wants to play their amps. Sorry to be so blunt and asshole-ish but its the truth.

Once a company builds a reputation for selling crap amps no one is going to just magically want to start playing their new products.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
No experience with them personally

i'd like to hear if anyone with actual experience with the company or amps has to say. I can find ****ty things about every company.
I don't know many UGers who use Madison amps.

I know that i_am_metalhead can sound nasty at times. However, I know that his advice is not malicious.

I also know that it is not a cheap to construct an amp, esp more so for high wattage amps.

I also know that no company gives out freebies for nothing. I'd take the 50% discount with a pinch of salt. Yes the QC and construction standards could have improved dramatically, but you also need to be prepared that the reason the company can afford to cut so much from their bottom line could be...
1. The company is desperate.
2. It didn't cost all that much to make the amp to begin with.

Also, GG&A is a forum to dispense advice, however if you have already set your mind on a Madison amp, please don't ask us to back up or reinforce your decision. If that is not the case, I'd advise you to at least keep i_am_metalhead's advise at the back of your mind, much as he can be nasty. It can be really crappy for you to have bought the amp and then have it break down on you after a few months.

Is there a warranty on the amp?

Like I said, no company gives artists discounts away to anyone who calls up. Otherwise I'll call Mesa/Marshall/Fender/Peavey/Ibanez/ESP/Gibson/Orange/Divided by 13/Budda/Fulltone/Bare Knuckles a whole lotta times to get moar discounts.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Last edited by ragingkitty at Oct 9, 2009,
There's been a bunch for sale lately on HC, maybe try those guys.

I've heard of them giving this "artist package" as long as you mention you're in a band, they'll give you it. Since the Divinity II costs $1000 new, you're getting it for $500?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Oct 9, 2009,
thanks for the advice raging kitty, i'll make sure to keep that in mind.

but yeah it's the artists discount for bands that tour and stuff like mine. and he said he liked my bands' sound and we sent him a press kit too since we just got signed to a label

and its half off list price, which is 1550, so i'll be getting it for 775 or around there. Which considering there are no dealers in my state, it's not a bad deal.
Last edited by KG Karnage at Oct 9, 2009,
Quote by KG Karnage
thanks for the advice raging kitty, i'll make sure to keep that in mind.

but yeah it's the artists discount for bands that tour and stuff like mine. and he said he liked my bands' sound and we sent him a press kit too since we just got signed to a label

and its half off list price, which is 1550, so i'll be getting it for 775 or around there. Which considering there are no dealers in my state, it's not a bad deal.

Reasons its actually a bad deal....

There are no dealers in your state. AKA no one to work on it. And no way test it out.
Its 50% off list no street pricing.
For $775 you can get alot better amp for your money.

Just my .02 cents
care to name an amp i can get that's much better?

and i mean like heads, not 15 watt combo amps.

i'm still waiting to hear what his warranty policy etc. is like.
dont get it. it sounds like u already have ur mind set on it even though everyone's telling you that its not a good idea though... you could go w/ a mesa dc or F series used with that kind of money. dont spend it on a no-name bad reputation company.
My band's one cover is in my profile!

Rig:

Charvel San Dimas Style 2 Pagan Gold
Traynor YCS50
Visual Sound H2O
Morley Bad Horsie
Ibanez TS9
ISP Decimator
EHX Metal Muff
^Deizel Herbert

BTW the Madison is an exact clone of the JCM 2000 series but with really bad quality.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
you could get one hand-build with better part for around that price
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
I wouldn't get it...you can't rely 100% on user reviews...because you don't know who is writing them or whats 'in it for them'...but for that money I'm 100% certain you can get a better, more reliable amp for the money if you go used. Especially if the $775 is just for the head (correct me if I'm wrong). Give us a location and I'm sure within minutes you will have a better option.
Diezel herbert eh? you mustve mistaken 750 with 4500.. thats the only price i could find for that

i respect all of your opinions, but everything i see on ultimate-guitar is negative, unless its about the 5150 or a super-expensive marshall.

Has anyone played the amp/ had experience with the company?

The guys from havok used Divinity II's and they sounded amazing live. and every review i see says it's outstanding.
how about titan amp?
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
Quote by KG Karnage
care to name an amp i can get that's much better?

and i mean like heads, not 15 watt combo amps.

i'm still waiting to hear what his warranty policy etc. is like.

Used...
Peavey Triple
Peavey 3120
Peavey Ultra
Jcm 2000
Jcm 800
Sovtek Mig
Ampeg VL-1002
Ampeg VH140C
Ada MP1 with power amp
Marshall JMP-1 with power amp
Engl E530 with power amp

You can get most of these with money to spare and some of them you can buy twice over so there isnt even a need for a warranty.

Quote by KG Karnage

Ever think that no one owns one here or have experience with the company for a reason.... It can go quite a few ways

And why do people post questions but are not really looking or opinions. They are just looking for a ohhhhhh my gods you getting tha Divinity that is br00talz get it now.. I will never get that one...
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Oct 9, 2009,
Quote by KG Karnage
Diezel herbert eh? you mustve mistaken 750 with 4500.. thats the only price i could find for that

i respect all of your opinions, but everything i see on ultimate-guitar is negative, unless its about the 5150 or a super-expensive marshall.

The guys from havok used Divinity II's and they sounded amazing live. and every review i see says it's outstanding.

Well, lets see what this particular line could lead me to tell you.

You've played with these guys. They play said amps you're wondering about.

Ask THEM about any problems they've had, or if they've been able to contact the company itself afterwards about any possible problems. you want people who have first-hand experience with the amps, correct?

If you've shared a stage with them, you should be able to casually contact them about it.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me