For about a month now I've really been getting back into my guitar, playing every day an hour at times to 6 on others. During this time, though, my left (fretting) wrist has been giving me trouble. During playing everything would be fine, but after I'd have pain in it. I'd also have a slight numbing feel to it. The pain/numbing usually goes away after 10-30 minutes. To give you an idea of how bad it gets, I can barely type with it when it gets like that.

Now, my question is what could cause this? I sit in the classical position when I play. I don't really warm up. I usually just play my ritual of songs, crystal mountain, slaughter of the soul, etc. Could a lack of warm-up be causing this? I know jumping into a 240bpm song can't be great for my wrist but if I can play it fine, why would it affect me?

Thanks.
Mah Rig
Guitars:
BC Rich Mockingbird (X2N)
Schecter Hellraiser (81/85)

Amps:
Peavey 5150 head (Distortion obv)
Vox AC30 (Cleans)

Board:
EH Small Clone
ZW Sig Wah (meh)
Boss NS-2
Sounds like inflammation of the ligaments/tendons....like, tendinitis. Best thing to do would be going to a doctor and get it checked out. Pain is one thing....losing feeling (numbness) means you have a problem. Warming up and whatnot likely wont solve the issue till after you get it evaluated professionally.
That doesn't sound good at all. As the guy above said, go see a doctor ASAP.

Lack of warming up and stretching is definately a factor. Always stretch first, then warm up, no exceptions.
#1. doctor. They will have a better idea of what is wrong than we will.
#2. Always, ALWAYS warm up. When I started playing guitar, I never warmed up. I paid for it later. Once I started doing warm up exercises, I could play better and longer.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
Well figured I'd update this.

Cause was warning signs of a stroke. The day after posting my OP, I felt throbbing in my left arm. Numbness in left arm continued. Currently getting tests now for stroke. Thank you for your help.
Mah Rig
Guitars:
BC Rich Mockingbird (X2N)
Schecter Hellraiser (81/85)

Amps:
Peavey 5150 head (Distortion obv)
Vox AC30 (Cleans)

Board:
EH Small Clone
ZW Sig Wah (meh)
Boss NS-2
This is pretty bad dude. I have some wrist issues too, since I have a very weak wrist. Which now for the third time results in a painful wrist with a slightly numb feeling. Though, I'm still able to play/type and so on.. Go see a doctor. You will probably get the same medicines I have and they help really good . And seriously, when it hurts, lay the guitar AWAY.