E-------5-!>7<!-----7-|-8-----8-2-----2-|-0---------0-----|-----------------|
B-----5-----5-----|---5-------3-----|---1---1-----1---|-0-1-1-----------|
G---5---------5---|-----5-------2---|-----2---------2-|-0-2-2-----------|
D-7-------!>6<!-------|-5-------4-------|-3---------------|-----------------|
A-----------------|-----------------|-----------------|-2-0-0---0--/8-7-|
E-----------------|-----------------|-----------------|-----------------|

notice the 7 on top of the 6. i dont understand how to play these types of tabs

im new to guitars and would really like some help please
I dont know, i dont think i have ever seen that before, and a quick glance through the tab lessons, and none of them mention it either.

Try asking over in the Tab Talk forum, or perhaps PM the user that submitted the tab?

Welcome to UG

From what it looks like, that's a Stairway To Heaven tab, yeah I've never seen anything like that, just either look at a different version, or PM the submitter.
RIP Terje (Valfar) Bakken
yeah, thats stairway alright although the formatting is messed. im not sure about the !>#<! part as i have never seen that used before, but you just pick both at the same time. Might mean "let ring" as in the 6 & 7 carry over the B5, G5, notes. This is typically finger picked but you can use a pick and hit the 6 with your thumb or pick and the 7 with your third finger. this is done simutaniously. Try looking up on youtube. Im sure there is a video that should help.
It means to play both notes at the same time. Stairway to Heaven is fingerpicked at the beginning, so play 6th fret on the D string with your thumb while you play the 7th fret on the high E string with one of your fingers.